Foster Kids' Snow Day

-it's cold as fuck outside haha-

There was an arctic outflow sweeping through the state, and while a couple of the children harbored hopes for snow, Dinah struggled to keep the household running.

It was -8°, -15° counting windchill, and the front door even froze shut. Conner offered to open it, but worried he might knock it off its hinges, Dinah politely declined. They could get by using the garage door for now.

"Kaldur, darling, you really aren't meant to be out when it's below-zero." She chided, hurrying him inside. "we don't know what it could do to your body." She shut the door. "And wear a scarf, you have to keep your gills from freezing together..."

"I'm sorry."

She softened, petting the oldest teen's buzzed hair. "You're not in trouble. I just want you to be safe."

"STOP!"

"Give it back!"

There were two shrieks as Wally, shortly followed by M'gann, shot into the room, looped around them, and left out he door they'd entered.

Dinah, who'd pulled Kaldur out of the way of harm, released him. "I'd  better see what all that's about."

M'gann and Wally didn't give a clear explanation, shouting and giggling and dodging each other around the kitchen island.

"Gimme!"

"Come get it!"

M'gann shot over the table, grabbing at the remote.

"Hey, whoa, slow down everyone." Dinah called. "Now, what were you two doing before the chase started?"

The children looked up at her with doe eyes, then at each other. "Oh, uh, we were playing the Madagascar DVD game." M'gann explained, pointing at Wally. "Then he wouldn't le me take my turn."

"Why?" Dinah asked.

Wally shrugged, losing a fight against his grin. "Funny."

She chuckled. "Alright, give M'gann the remote and get back to your game."

"HA!" M'gann snatched it back and took off to the living room, Wally hot on her heels.

Dinah shook her head, smiling. She checked the chore chart and headed upstairs.

Dick was on his laptop, lying in bed,  Artemis was sat on her own, explaining something to Conner. "It's a really good movie. There's a lot of blood and gore, but there's some really cool cinematography and it's all about sisterhood and coming of age, and... Hi mom."

"Talking about that movie again?"

"It's SO good." She replied. "I wanna show it to Conner."

Dinah wasn't sure about that; there were a lot of sex scenes in that movie and it was rated R for a reason. "Dick, sweetie?"

"Hmm?" He pulled an earbud out.

"You're on for dishes tonight."

"Got it." The boy replied genially.

"Look." Conner said, speaking up for the first time in almost an hour of listening to Artemis. They followed his finger to the window. 

"Snow!"

"Hold it!" Dinah shouted, but there were already kids streaming past her and down the stairs. Unable to keep up, she followed them at her own post-pubescent pace.

Wally and M'gann were already outside, their game abandoned.

"This is real snow?" The latter basked in the cold, twirling like a spinning top so that her skirt flew out at all angles. "Wow, it's so much colder and wetter than it looks on TV."