Trick or Treat!

-BOO!

Did I scare you? Work's been crazy, so I'm glad I started this back in september!
In this Halloween special we take on a classic premise: A boy and his monster(s) let loose on halloween! The unhumans look a lot less humanoid in this fic, everyone knows Captain Marvel's ID, and once again I use any pronouns for M'gann.-

It was a cold mid-October night in Happy Harbour, rain battering the dead leaves until the pungent odor of sweet rot filled the streets, modest halloween decorations lit the streets, and on the edge of town six figures slunk along the edge of the woods, flashlights flashing through the trees.

Branches snapped deep in the forest, drawing Conner's electric blue eyes.

"Just animals." Wally assured, passing him on the trail. 

"This is going to be amazing," Dick declared, his sneakers squeaking on the wet leaves. "We'll get popcorn and everything."

Kaldur winced, not wanting to bring down the mood; he knew the noise would stun him and the knew the smell of the popcorn would suffocate his fragile lungs. "Are... are we sure? We aren't supposed to be down here."

"Nobody's gonna know." Artemis assured. "Besides, no one will be able to see us at the back."

Conner stopped again, causing the other two unhumans to crash into him. 

"Conner? Can you keep walking please?"  M'gann asked. "Walking on two legs is hard enough."

"I thought..." He pointed into the dark of the woods. "...I saw..."

Wally shone his light in, it barely reached twenty feet. "I don't see anything."

"It's probably a squirrel." Dick said. "This is the problem with you guys spending all day cooped up in the mountain!"

The path merged into sidewalk and the teens found themselves on a quiet suburban street. A couple pedestrians dotted the road, crossing the street when they saw the cohort of teens approaching.

"Unhumans behind us, no one will notice."

"There!" Conner exclaimed, voice echoing  around the block. "I saw it! There's something in the alley."

Dick was about to dismiss this, turning back towards the theatre, when a large, cold hand clamped around his shoulder.

"Uh oh." Wally whispered, backing into his friends, shoving M'gann to the ground.

"Robin." A gruff, disapproving voice ordered. "Back to the mountain. Now."

"Dad!" Dick demanded as they passed into the batcave. "How did you know?"

"Red Tornado alerted me that the residents of the mountain had left." Bruce glared down at him. "Dick, you know they aren't allowed to leave. It's just not safe."

"For them? Or for you?"

"For civilians." He replied curtly. "And for the league. You know what would happen if it got out we were harboring unrecognized aliens from the pentagon."

Dick crossed his arms as severely as possible. "So what? You use them as backup when it's convenient, and don't let them out in public to lead normal lives?"

"Well... yes." Bruce replied.

Dick threw his mask down, storming from the cave. 

He fumed all the way to his room, slamming the door. It wasn't fair; it just wasn't fair. Bruce refused to get to know his friends, to see that they were just normal teens like him.