Brotherly Love

-Another fic where Conner and Lois meet because I'm SOO predictable.-

Conner tipped his head back, lazing deeply in the early summer sunbeam. It was Friday afternoon, and the student body of Happy Harbor High was sluggish and unenthusiastic. The seniors had already graduated and were just hanging around for attendance reasons, and with exam season over there wasn't much for the other grades to do either. 

"Alright, I can see you're all eager to get out of here." Ms. Mishra spoke up, wiping down the dusty old chalkboard. "Get going, and don't forget: lockers cleared out by Wednesday!" 

Students streamed out the double doors, pleased to be released from their oven-like prison. Conner took a breath and stepped out into the afternoon breeze. 

Suddenly, the boy stopped in his tracks, his lips grasping for words until he let out an elated: "Clark!"

Instantly he kicked off across the dusty grass, sprinting towards the approaching man. The two collided, orbiting for a second as they caught their balance.

"Kid," Clark huffed, the wind thoroughly knocked out of him, "good to see you."

Conner turned back to the other students, smiling for the first time in nearly a week. "It's my brother!" He exclaimed proudly.

Clark's face stretched into a sheepish grin; he'd really warmed up to Conner, and it seemed his baby brother had done the same. Sure, having an age gap of over fifteen years made things a little awkward, but at least they were both putting in effort to get to know each other. 

"How was school?"

"Fine." Conner looked up at him with those glassy blue eyes. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm taking you into town." Clark replied

"Really?"

"Really. I have someone I'd like you to meet. 

Conner's face lit up again. "Let's go!"

"Hold on," Clark pulled him aside, away from the other teens. "how quickly can you get changed?"

The flight into metropolis wasn't long, but it felt it; Conner had reluctantly agreed to let Clark carry him and had immediately regretted it, it was uncomfortable hanging from his big brother's arms, and he couldn't stop squirming the entire way.

Off, in the distance, Conner could just about see the one of the most iconic features of the Metropolis skyline. He watched the Daily Planet sphere coming into sight, and it wasn't until then that he thought to ask Superman where they were going.

Superman just laughed lightly and began descending to the building in question.

On the roof stood a woman, her black hair swept back in a modest ponytail. She was handsome in a sharp kind of way, with a stare that reminded Conner far too much of Wolf when he was about to bite.

Superman touched down, setting the younger Kryptonian down gently on his feet. 

The woman stared them down. "So that's why you said this was 'off the record'."

"Lois, this is Superboy." Superman gestured between them. "Superboy, Lois Lane." 

Lois held out her hand. Conner gingerly took it, he'd learned very early on not to squeeze during handshakes, lest he hurt the other party.

"It's good to finally meet you." Ms. Lane said, studying every inch of him from his unkempt black hair to his filthy combat boots. "From what I gather you're quite enigmatic."