JLU Cossover Part 5

-Full disclosure: This chapter starts with a fight scene, I'm not great at writing fight scenes.-

-IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE END-

"Canary?" He ducked for cover. "I thought you were watching the--"

"The kids figured out the security systems." Her voice echoed over the comms.

"What?" Flash's voice joined the frequency. 

Bruce cursed himself for believing those kids and their big, shameless eyes. They were liars. He should have known better. "Everyone keep an eye out."

The operation was so simple a child could have done it; take down internal security measures, get the bioship out of impound, and head for Washington. 

This League had fallen for their innocence as easily as their league had.

"I'm picking up several small aerial bots." Robin called from his station. "Like, a lot of them."

"Murder drones." Wally cheered. "This should be fun!"

"Artemis and Robin can work best from rooftops." Kaldur decreed. "Superboy too. Kid Flash, you'll be helping me with on evacuation."

"On it, boss." He followed his friends to the back of the ship, searching for their rappelling gear.

"Ms. Martian, I need you on air. Use the ship to lead the target closer to our defenses."

A flash of yellow drew Green Lantern's attention. "Flash, what colour does your counterpart wear?"

"I've got one in sights."  Kara interrupted. 

Batman huffed. "Extend evacuation efforts to the children."

"Are you sure? We need all the help we can--"

"They're kids. They shouldn't be out here." The other batman might have failed that poor boy, but he wouldn't. "Get them somewhere safe."

Hitting flying targets was a walk in the park for Artemis. She'd been shooting down Frisbees and model airplanes since she was a kid. "Meg, this way." She loaded a trick arrow and drew back. "This one ought to get three or four at once."

Across the street on a slightly higher roof Conner was poised and ready to pounce, waiting until the drones were within his range. Robin was right beside him, throwing enough projectiles to draw the opponents closer. "Con, get ready to jump, kay?"

Wally shot through the streets, dragging a barrel-of-monkeys line of civilians behind him, handing them off to Kaldur before taking off again.

"You. Aqualad." Hawkgirl landed in his path.

"Civilians." The boy replied. "we need to get them to safety."

"Call off your troops." The woman ordered. "You're interfering."

"I'm sorry, I can't do that until the threat is subdued." He stooped, lifting a crying toddler into his arms. "Excuse me." The boy took off, leading the procession of pedestrians towards the metro station for cover.

She didn't stop him, not wanting a dozen or so civilians let in the lurch, but she was far from happy about it. They'd have to do something about these children.

Unstoppable force met unstoppable force, both toppling to the ground in shock. 

"Ow!"