Oops All Arrowfam

-just a short ficlit about the arrowfam-

Oliver hadn't exactly been Transphobic, but he'd always thought the whole transition thing was rather silly and unnecessary. 

Until he met Artemis.

He was devoted to the girl, she was witty and capable and always had something to mock him over. It reminded him of the good old days with Roy. 

He was always very careful: he never used the wrong name, he policed himself over pronouns, he brought home lip gloss for her as a treat... He knew she wasn't the most girly, but he wanted to treat her like a girl. He'd only raised Roy through teenagerhood, he was kind of blanking on how to raise a teen girl.

"I was thinking of just ordering in before work." 

"You're thirty-three and you still can't cook."

"I can cook." He said, a little offended. "I just choose not to. It's one of the luxuries of my position as someone no longer stuck on an island."

"Sure." She rolled her eyes a little. "Nepo baby."

"What do you want, kid?" He asked, opening the delivery app. "You want a salad?"

"Just cause I'm a girl now doesn't mean I've stopped having taste." She scolded. "Get me a burger."

"Okay." 

Artemis had really been coming out of her shell, he thought, watching her lounging across the couch. She walked around with her extensions in (those were her birthday gift from Ollie), and sat for hours on the bathroom counter in her training bra, experimenting with makeup.

"What are you staring at?" She scoffed, unzipping her hoodie.

"Just looking at you." He smiled, returning to his screen.

"Ollie!" Roy nearly slipped down the stairs. "What's this?"

Oliver shrugged. "Kid?"

Artemis turned around. "That's my flannel."

"And what was in the middle of the hallway?" 

"It's not hurting anyone in the hallway." She rolled her eyes. "Since when are you mr. Clean Freak?"

"If I slipped in this, I could concussed myself on that floor."

Artemis made a pitying sound. "I didn't know Red Arrow could be K.O.-ed by a flannel."

"Alright, simmer down, no biting." Oliver announced. "Roy, what do you want from Triple-O's?"

Roy gave his order, giving Artemis a glare every few seconds. When he was done, he chucked the shirt at her.

"Rude." She spat.

"Rude? I don't go leaving my stuff at your place!"

"You're just mad I'm the only girl willing spend the night here."

"Both of you, no more of that." Oliver scolded. "Behave yourselves, or whatever."

"Fine." Roy scoffed, tearing back up the stairs.

"Wait until I go public that he haves trans women." Artemis teased.

"He doesn't and you know that." Oliver chided, flipping on the tv. "The first thing he did was to change your contact in his phone."

She nodded. "From 'jackass' to 'lazy bitch'." Artemis recalled.

"Yes, well, we condemn him for that..." He began flicking through channels. "What do you want to watch?"