The Garricks' Hotel for Stranded Children

-We had our first snowfall here already, so I decided to finally use this idea I've had for at least a year or so now-

It still wasn't clear if it was a sudden turn in the weather, or a devious escaped wizard, but Wally found himself leading the way into the suburbs of Keystone, darting from awning to bus shelter, shielding themselves from the heavy barrage of fat snowflakes. 

"There!" Wally sprinted ahead, slipping and sliding on the wet ground, and punched the doorbell. He continued knocking as his friends caught up.

"Wally, if you dragged us out into a cul-de-sac just for no one to be home, I swear I'm gonna--"

But before they learned what Artemis would do to his noggin, the door opened.

"Heavens! What are you doing out in this storm? Come in! Come inside!"

"Grandma, thank you so much for answering!" Wally shot inside and clutched the woman in an icy cold hug. He quickly pulled back and began doffing his wet shoes. "These are my friends, we were just heading towards Blue Valley so I could show them the old school building when we got caught in... THAT!" 

"Oh, you're chattering away almost as fast as Jay does!" Their host, a white woman in her mid-eighties, wearing a flowy floral-patterned frock and a pair of understated middle-class earrings, looked them over with a good-humored stare. "Friends from work then?"

"Oh, yeah." Wally replied sheepishly. "You know Robin, of course, then of there's Kaldur (Aqualad) , Artemis (who's a human), and M'gann and Conner (they're aliens)."

"Hold on, who said you could spill our names?!" Artemis scorned. "I mean, it doesn't change much for me, but it's seriously against the collective union agreement!"

"That only applies to public relations, not people associated with the league."

She scoffed "Yeah? That's my point!"

"And these people are associated with the league, duh!"

"Well if they're anyone, who are they?" His other friend added.

"ArtemisConner!" Kaldur hissed, and made to apologize to their generous host, only to she that she looked very amused.

"Guys, this is my Grandma Joan." Wally explained. "And that old guy in the corner watching tv is my Grandpa Jay; he was the first Flash."

"Hi Grandpa Jay! Hi Grandma Joan! I'm M'gann!" They bubbled like excited pasta water. "You don't look related to Wally."

"Well, unlike you and Supes, most of us aren't identical of our relatives..." Artemis reminded. "No offense."

"But You can't be related." The clone glossed over her comment, too focussed on taking in every inch of their hosts. "Your super speed isn't hereditary, and the chances of three people in the same... " 

"Oh yeah!" M'gann interrupted. "You got it when you blew up your garage!"

"I seriously regret telling you guys that..." Wally muttered. "No, I'm not related to them. Jay was the first flash, Uncle Barry met him when he became the second Flash, and when I came along... well..."

"When Wally came along we held him captive until he started calling us grandma and grandpa." Joan tucked the tag of the his shirt lovingly. "It's good you're out of the storm, you best warm up. Jay, would you put the kettle on?"

"I would." He reluctantly stood from his chair and shuffled towards what was probably the kitchen.

"Now come inside! Take off your things!" Joan welcomed them in. "Help yourself to blankets, Wally knows where everything is." She gave Wally a kiss on the cheek. "I'll see how the tea's coming along, you kids get settled."