Adult Company

-Just some Billy Baston domestic team fluff-

"It's not all bad." Billy took out a pair of minecraft creeper themed headphones. "They said I can use my tablet." He dropped down on the couch next to Kaldur. "I was gonna anyways, but it's nice that they tried."

"Why don't they want you up there?"

"Ageism I guess." The preteen opened up jetpack joyride. "They said something about drugs in a strip club and Batman told me to come down here."

"at least he let you hear"  Dick pouted.

"Yeah, I think he thinks I'm more grownup than you." He smiled up at the bird. "I'm sure You'll get there too."

"Okay, no need to push your luck." He shoved the younger boy into Kaldur's shoulder, playfully.

"Why aren't you, y'know..." M'gann didn't notice Kaldur's warning glance. "Like, old?"

"Oh, uh. Old people are annoying." He explained. "Like, uh, Okay Boomer"

Wally cringed, but he also laughed, which negates the cringe power of a ten year old saying 'ok boomer' unironically.

"So, what are we gonna do today?"

"Well, we're supposed to be researching a cold case... so we're probably just going to watch trash tv and binge eat." Artemis said, rejoining the group.

"Well you'll never join the league with that work ethic."

She rolled her eyes, appreciating the sassy preteen for his ability to convince the league that sleepovers were essential to increasing morale. Honestly, If you gave him a Capri sun, he'll be a mouthpiece to the league. Well, recently he'd been driving up his price; if you wanted him to endorse something to the league, you had to pay either $20 or a pack of Oreos. That being said, Artemis respected the hustle.

"Artemis." Conner said, gripping his case file with intent. "Are those my pretzels?"

"So what?"

"Those are mine!" He threw the papers them down before he could rip them.

"And?"

"Give them back!"

She sat, cross-legged, the carpet. "Uh, yeah, I'll puke 'em up for you when I'm done."

 "I hate you! You're not my real friend!" She watched him storm out and offered pretzels to Billy and Kaldur. She'd make it up to Conner in a few hours when he was over his temper tantrum. 

Wally leaned over and took some for himself. "Quit bullying my godson." 

"Godson?" Billy asked. 

"Yeah, cause me, Rob and Aqualad freed him, we're basically like his godparents."

"Wally," Dick remarked. "You realize that the godparents are supposed to raise the kid if the parents can't."

"Yeah?"

Dick sighed, gesturing around the mountain. "Where are the parents, Wally?"

"...Good point."

"Real parents are overrated, anyways." Billy said. "Caretakers and guardians are much better."

"Yeah! Uncles are always better than dads!" M'gann said. "Right Kaldur?" 

Kaldur, still reading through telephone records, reached up to pat her head affectionately. "Yes, M'gann." M'gann leaned into the touch.

"Wait, I think I found the cctv video for the five hours around the Ambassador's assassination." Dick stopped on a terrible-quality, black-and-white camera feed, kicking back on his laptop.