Camus Quartet

-Just some fluff about SB and his three best friends/brothers/dads?-

"Heyy it's our favorite Kryptonian! How're you feeling? Has it been lonely?" 

"You have twenty-five minutes." Batman told them, watching as the three sidekicks converged on the couch with vigor. "Behave, we're watching you."

Dick ignored his mentor,  exchanging greetings with Kaldur and Wally, and sitting on the armrest of the dusty green sofa. "So, how's it been?"

Superboy didn't respond, looking around at the trio with empty, wide eyes. "How long were you gone?"

"About two days." Wally replied. "Yeah, we can't make it out here every day... but we're here now, and they're letting us stay almost half an hour!" He said with artificially flavoured cheer. "So, what's life like at the Mount Justice?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean?" Kaldur asked.

"I think I get what he means." Dick cut in. "Pretty drastic life change and being moved to a new place with no one to keep you company... sort of doesn't matter how cool your new home is. I bet you haven't really processed any of this yet."

Superboy shook his head.

"Yeah... but hey, once the league has cooled down a little, we'll take you out in the world: get some sun, take you out for food, go yo the peir..." Wally recited the most enticing things he could imagine, and yet his new friend was not swayed.

"I'm sure restrictions will lighten up soon." Kaldir said, exaggerating a little to reassure Superboy. "Then we can come visit you more often and you needn't be alone." Kaldur paused. "...needn't?"

"Yep, its a word." Wally confirmed.

"Then you needn't be alone. We'll come to see you and we can show you the world outside."

"I've seen the world."

"You've seen about block and a half between Cadmus and the nearest zetabeam." Robin corrected. "And the fact you're Kryptonian and have never seen the sun... yikes."

"Yeah dude, we need to get you juiced up so we can test your flying skills."

"I can't fly."

"Well not after being deprived of solar rays all yoir life!"

"The solar suit--"

"Maybe it was defective, or didnt provide you enough energy to fly?"

Superboy looked up at the three, suspicion undercut by a golden vein of hope.

"Do you think that I can fly?"

"Maybe?"

"but... i felt the solar suit working..." Superboy realized, his face falling suddenly. "It was wark and tingly and I felt the energy in it..."

Wally made eyecontact with Dick, and then Kaldur. "Uh, maybe it was those freaky little gnomes in your head?"

"The genomorphs are my brothers!"

"I know, I know,  uhhh.... Robin?"

"But what if the genomorphs, under desmonds control made you think you couldn't fly?"

"Why? They wanted me to."

Robin, stumped, passed the baton to Kaldur. "Superboy, its okay if you can't fly..."

"No it isn't!" He shouted, coveribg his ears with his fists to protect them from the noise. "How can I be like Superman if I can't fly?"

"You don't have to be exactly--"