Siblings in Arms

-Arrow sibling whump/bonding fic requested by WolfShifter062405!-

"Where are you?"

Artemis grunted in pain over the radio waves. "Windsor."

"Windsor and what?"

"I don't know."

"Then figure it out!" Roy spat, rushing down 20th avenue.

Oliver was out of town for the week, leaving his protégées to cover the city on his behalf. Of course, the two immediately split up; so when Artemis called him, Roy had known something was wrong.

There were a series of whimpers as the girl dragged herself down the pavement. "Thir--thirteenth."

"Thirteenth and Windsor." Roy parroted, turning north on his heel and bolting down an alley. "I'm on my way."

"Red," Artemis' voice was weak. "Am I going to bleed out on the street?"

"You'd better not." He shot down the block. "Keep talking."

"I think the bullet hit an artery." She swallowed hard. "It's bleeding fast."

"Talk about something else."

"Once," She started, words beginning to slur, "Once Jady made me sell my soul to her in exchange for some gum..."

"How old were you?"

"Six maybe." Artemis chuckled weakly before falling silent again for an unprecedented minute.

"Artemis?"

"Mhm?" She hummed tiredly.

"Stay awake." Roy ordered. "Don't fall asleep, keep pressure on your arm." He sprinted past 16th Ave. "Oliver's going to kill me." He muttered, remembering the firm 'look after her' his adopted father had given him before leaving. "Artemis!"

"What?" She asked blearily, her voice weak and sleepy.

"I'm so close, just hold on." He was beginning to cramp from running so hard. "Tell me more about Jade."

She replied, the words barely legible. "When I  was like eight she stole my allowance to by cigarettes."

"And how old was she?"

"I think thirteen..." She fell silent again, distressing him further. 

"Tell me about your mom."

"Can't work, doesn't like talking about life..." She trailed off. "Boring."

Roy almost laughed at her audacity to call an ex-assassin boring. He rushed past 14th, almost getting his by a passing car. "I'm so close Arty, stay awake." He didn't know what possessed him to call her Arty, he was just desperate. 

 "Roy?"

"Yeah?" He panted. She didn't reply. "Artemis?" Again, silence. 

He almost doubled his speed, skidding to a halt on the corner of 13th Ave. It took him a moment to find her slumped body on the side of the road. He rushed to her side. Orange-red blood leaked out from under her clamped hand, spilling into her hair and costume. Definitely an artery, that was bad.

He slung an arm around the younger girl, hauling her up with all his strength. He made towards the nearest zeta. She couldn't even walk, feet dragging beneath her. Pausing, he readjusted, carrying her bridal-style was a little easier, but in the end he decided to carry her over his shoulder like a fireman.

He could already feel her blood running down his back, but he tried to ignore it; he'd shower later.