Kryptonian Lunch Date

-I unpublished a few early chapters, but this is technically chapter 69, so NICE-

-So in the YJ companion comics, Clark and M'gann have a conversation about how Clark wants to get to know Conner, but is too scared, and I used that as a jumping off point for some wholesome Kent brothers bonding-

Today was Conner's first formal introduction to Superman. Clark had finally come around somewhat after the new year's eve incident, and had agreed to meet Superboy at Bibbo's.

Conner was in shambles.

"It's okay, baby." Dinah cooed tiredly. She'd received a desperate call from M'gann around five am, begging her to return to the mountain. She'd found Conner awake, having trashed the Livingroom and now pacing circles in the floor. "He's not going to--"

"He'll hate me!" The boy exclaimed, covering his eyes

"He won't hate you." She said, but it fell on deaf ears.

Conner was shaking like an aspen. "He hates me."

"If he hates you, why did he invite you for lunch?"

"So he can hate me more!" Conner exclaimed as if it were obvious. "He's waiting for me to mess up, and then he'll yell at me-- and he'll kill me--"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Dinah stood up. "Nobody will be killing anybody." She said firmly. "you're spiraling."

"I'm not!"

"Deep breaths." She reminded. "In... out... slowly, remember?"

Conner looked up at her with those big blue eyes. "Then what will he do?"

"I don't know." She admitted. "But I promise it won't be as bad as you imagine."

Conner thought a moment, and then perked up, grabbing her by the shoulder. "You can come with me!" He pleaded.

She wanted to cry at his innocence. "Oh, sweetie no, I can't come with you."

"Why not?"

"I have work." She gently took his hand off her shoulder, gripping his palm securely. "But I can meet you as soon as you're done. I'll want to hear all about it."

Conner turned to the hallway. "Can you come?"

M'gann, who'd been hovering in silence and concern let out a little noise. "Sure-- I mean... there is a cheer rehearsal today..."

"Conner will be fine." Canary said. "I think Superman wants him to go alone."

"Why?" Conner asked. 

"I don't know. So he can get to know you I guess. It might be awkward if M'gann is there too."

"Why?" He asked again. 

"Conner, it's a little early for all this. How about I make you two some cocoa, you can sit down, watch tv, and just..." She gestured. "Calm down a bit."

Reluctantly Conner righted the sofa he'd flipped, and the two kids settled down, looking up at her with comical dependance. They were juts kids after all, annoying and frustrating as they could be.

She made some hot chocolate.

"Clark, you can't cancel now."

"But," His sigh rattled over the line. "Bruce, he hates me."

"He doesn't hate you." The bat replied tiredly. "He admires you-- at least he used to before--"