Gally Imagine: (Request!)

Warning: Fluff, spice
Word Count: x words
Quick A/N: This is a request for aqua_queen4! I had a lot of fun writing this one since I don't typically write Gally x Reader Imagines (but stay tuned because I'll probably write them soon). Also thank you to everyone reading this book because it's officially reached 100K and when I first started, I didn't anticipate that ever happening! I do have news as well: I'm working on my own book series! I plan to release more info about it soon so stay tuned. Enjoy! ~Aug. 27, 2021
• • • • •

I had been here in the Glade for such a long time, I doubt I would remember if the boys didn't bother to keep count. I had arrived in the Glade about three years ago, right after Gally. He and I immediately clicked and it wasn't long before I felt myself falling for him. There was just something about him that made me adore him the way I did. It feels wrong knowing having feelings for him when I know he won't ever return those feelings. Besides, he's my best friend. I shouldn't be thinking about him like that.

I realized how much I liked him at one of the previous bonfires the Glade had. He, Newt, Alby, Minho, and I were playing the classic game of Truth or Dare. The tradition to play the childish game started when Alby "created" it one night. We sat around the fire and when it was Gally's turn to ask me, the way he looked at me with such a caring and cute smile made me understand what I felt towards him.

"So, [Y/N]," He smiled, leaning back against the log he sat up against. I nodded with a gulp. "Truth or Dare?"

"Truth," I sheepishly spoke, inhaling deeply.

"Would you ever consider dating any of us?" The four turned to me and I thought for a second. There would be no way they would find out.

I shook my head. "No, I don't think so. I think of you all as good friends, not romantic interests." Gally nodded, his smile slightly dropping. Ever since my feelings have been kept private.

Gally and I grew a lot closer as the years flew by despite having two separate jobs. I was a Track-Hoe and he was the Keeper of the Builders. We still ate together whenever we could and when he was too busy assembling new structures, I'd always take over a meal for him. He'd always greet me with such a kind smile and a warm hello even if he was irritated or angry; it didn't help my feelings simmer. There had been a few times where I had fallen sick for a day or two, and it was always him that decided to bring me food or take me to the Medjacks. The days I wasn't happy, he would strut over to me with loads of jokes. The moments I was angry, he would calm me down. With such, my feelings and adoration for him only grew.

Thomas and Teresa showed up about a few weeks ago which seemed to change things. Not only did it mean I wasn't the only girl anymore, but Gally started acting rather strange. He was very quick to stand up for me and make sure I was ok. It was different than before, as if he was being way too overprotective. I think he was just trying to look out for me, but he should know by now that I'm strong and I can stand up for myself. Besides, sometimes it got annoying.

The night when Thomas had just arrived, he was chatting with me at the Bonfire. Newt and I took turns explaining everything to him and who everyone was. The Second in Command was called away by Alby who so desperately wanted to verse his best friend in a drinking game. As I was walking Thomas around, Gally had shoved the boy he was wrestling with so hard, he bumped into the new Greenie. Eager to verse a different Glader, he had essentially pulled Thomas into the circle.

"Why'd you practically drag the Greenie into the circle?" I remember asking the Keeper the next day while we ate our lunch by the forest.

He shrugged. "There's something off about him. I didn't want him to pull something on you."