Minho Imagine (Request!)

Warning: Just some fluff, small bit of language
Word Count: 1580 words
Quick A/N: This one was requested by @-brekker-. I had a lot of fun playing around with this! I hope you enjoy it because it definitely put a smile on my face whilst I was writing it. I do apologize it's a little late and the fact that it doesn't have a GIF. Enjoy! ~Sept. 20, 2021

• • • • •

She knew that her boyfriend was quite literally running around raged every day so it didn't surprise her when he woke up early one morning shivering despite it being very humid in the Glade. She was woken up only when the Keeper dragged all of the blankets onto his body. He shivered, turning and twisting in their bed to try and get comfortable.

"Minho," Her voice was a whisper as her arm wrapped around him. "Are you alright?"

"No," He hoarsely coughed. She helped set him up. "Death is coming to me soon, I know it." The Runner grumbled, yanking the blankets over his body tighter. She sighed, pressing the back of her hand to his forehead.

"You'll be fine," [Y/N] carefully tucked him in, her arm wrapping around his torso as she snuggled with him to try and keep him warm. "You just have a fever," He grew worried as he explained through shivers how he wouldn't be able to do his part as a Runner and how he didn't want to lose his position as Keeper. "Honey, you're sick. Alby will understand," She kissed his cheek and snuggled her body closer. She didn't care if she also got sick, she just wanted to take care of him. "Besides, the other boys can still run. I'm sure they'd understand," He smiled and kissed her forehead. "Go back to sleep, Min. It'll help you feel better."

When the sun had peered through the cracks of the hut they shared, [Y/N] woke up quietly, careful to not disturb Minho. He was snoring, still sitting up with the blankets up to his chin. She slowly got up, changing quickly, got some water for him, and fixed her hair. As she was tying her hair up into a ponytail, the Runner awoke in a coughing fit. She grabbed the water, walking over to the bed to take a seat. She handed him the water, which he guzzled eagerly while she pressed the back of her hand once again to his forehead. It was even hotter than before.

"You look really beautiful today," His voice was hardly anything above a whisper. His face was pale and he shivered below the blankets.

"And you look incredibly sick today, Mister," She giggled, placing the water on the table next to his side. "I'll go have Fry make you some soup, ok?"

He sat up with concern. "I have to work. The boys won't be able to do it all and-" She gave him a look. He quieted down and sat back.

"You are sick. I don't need you dying out in the Maze, and I know you're going to complain about staying in bed all day and how that is going to kill you, but look on the bright side," She kissed his cheek as she pulled the blankets back up over his body. "I'm gonna spoil you," His smile grew but he pouted as she pulled away from him. "Now let me get you some soup from Fry. I'll let Alby know your sick and in the meantime, get some more sleep, honey."

He nodded as she left, snuggling himself into the blankets more. He seemed to drift off back to sleep as she quietly closed the door. It was a relatively quick walk to the Doors where the other boys stood. Newt was making small talk with Alby whilst the other boys seemed to be falling asleep where they stood in silence.

"Morning, Alby. Morning, Newt." She smiled upon reaching them.

"Good morning, [Y/N]," Newt smiled. "Did Minho accidentally sleep in again?"

"Or is he tired because you guys got an early-round in?" One of the Runners giggled before earning a glare from Alby and a slap on the back of the head from another Runner.

"Enough. Another remark like that and you'll get yourself in the Slammer," The Leader then turned to the girl. "Is Minho ok?"

"He's a bit under the weather today. I told him to get some rest and take the day off if that ok with you." Alby and Newt nodded.

"Of course! I wouldn't want him dying out in the Maze because he's sick. I assume you'll be taking care of him today, considering you're a Medjack and all?" Alby questioned.

She nodded. "Yes. In all honesty, I think he's sick because he's overworking himself but he should be feeling better in a day or two. Just a slight fever and some coughing is all, but it's enough to prevent him from working." Alby nodded once again. As the Doors opened, the Runners jogged inside.

"Keep me updated. I don't think Minho's ever taken a break the entire time he's been here, even when he's been hungover." Alby thought out loud.

Newt agreed with him. "Just keep us updated, [Y/N]. Minho deserves a break."

It took her a little bit to walk over to the kitchen in which she was greeted by Frypan and his tiny crew of Cooks. "G'morning, [Y/N]," He smiled as he placed a few pieces of bacon on a pan. "What can I do for you this fine morning?"

"I know you're very busy, but Min's a little sick and I was wondering if you could make him some soup?" [Y/N] questioned and the boy nodded.

"Give me a few minutes to finish cooking this and then I'll make some for him. He got any preference? It's kinda early for chicken noodle soup, I'll say." He laughed, adjusting the strips of bacon.

"Whatever you feel like making him. I don't think he cares as long as it's nice and hot." She giggled.

"Nothing like some hot soup on a boiling day," Fry chuckled. He finished the bacon rather quickly and piled them all onto a plate. "Feel free to take some while they're hot." He gestured to the plate and she graciously took a few stripes. He began to start working on the soup, gathering different ingredients and chopping them.

"Fry, how do you get your bacon so good?" The girl spoke as she devoured the flavorful food.

"'Cause I'm the king at cooking," He laughed. It took a few moments again for him to make the soup, and he motioned [Y/N] over to try it. She took the spoonful and was almost shocked by how good it was. "Chicken broth, ginger, garlic, turmeric, and a little bit of pulled chicken. Those spices will definitely heal him up."

She smiled with a thank you and took the soup back to her hut, along with another cup of water. She cautiously opened the door and tried not to giggle loudly when she heard Minho's snores. She placed the soup and water down on her own side table before crawling into bed with Minho.

He stirred and quietly spoke: "[Y/N/N], what are you doing? I don't wanna get you sick."

"I'm spoiling you, remember? You looked cold so I thought I'd help warm you up," She smiled at him. "I also got you some soup and let me tell you, it's delicious. Fry definitely outdid himself."

"Can I have some?" He sounded like a child. "I want some good soup."

She giggled, handing the bowl to him and he slowly began eating. "Hmm..." He started. "You're damn right. The Shank can cook, holy shit this is good," He finished his soup just as quick as Frypan had cooked it. [Y/N] went to get up to return the bowl, but Minho held onto her hand. "Can you stay with me?" His eyes pleaded and she nodded with a smile. She laid back down on their bed and he pulled her close, pulling the blankets up over both of them. "I love you [Y/N/N]. Thanks for taking care of me." He smiled with closed eyes as he placed a kiss on her forehead, his strong arms finding their place around her.

"I love you more, Min." She smiled and soon they both had drifted off to sleep. When she had woken up, her throat was a bit scratchy. "Oh, great," She thought. "I'm going to get sick now."

She reached for the blankets and her boyfriend since she suddenly got cold, but no matter how far her arms would reach, they never reached him. She sat up with shivers and hoarsely called for him, but the moment his name fell off her tongue, she began to cough just like he had before.

He came rushing into the room from the private bathroom with a large cup of water and handed it to her. She took it as he got into bed and wrapped the blankets around them again. "How're you feeling?" She asked, her voice was rough as if it had been grated.

"A little better," He smiled. "I see you're sick now too."

"No," [Y/N] coughed a few times. "Fine, maybe a little."

He pulled her body flush to his with a kiss. "That just means we get to spoil each other now."