Thomas Imagine (Request!)

Warning: Guns, blood, death
Word Count: 1560 Words
Requested by: BlackBandit22
Quick A/N: Hallo, my lovely readers. Life has a funny way of disrupting plans, but after yet another very long hiatus, I am back (hopefully for a while). I apologize for the very long waits for those of you that have requested imagines, but I have decided to adopt a new system that should hopefully make it easier on my end. Instead of writing these imagines in order, I will be writing them as the ideas come to mind, which means the more description you place in your request, the more likely I am to publish it sooner rather than later. I am also still in Uni, so I may very well still be slow to publish. Thank you all for supporting this collection, respecting me and my writing style, and keeping the love for the Maze Runner alive. ~ Jan. 29, 2023

• • • • •

The moment Thomas had laid his eyes on Rebekah, he knew he wanted to give her the life she deserved. She had been in the Glade much longer than he had, almost a year and a half more than him, though time was hard to keep track of within those stone walls. When the two first met, she was accompanied by the Keeper of the Runners. Minho and her were close, considering he made the executive decision to allow her to be the first (and only) female Runner.

After Thomas had run into the Maze to help Minho and Rebekah rescue Alby, she had seen a side of him she'd never seen in anyone else. He was caring, determined, strong-willed; they needed a Runner like that. Gally had given her a hard time for her vote, but she didn't care. Thomas was a natural born leader.

"Why did you run into the Maze that night?" She had questioned the Greenie when they stood alone in the Mapping Hut one day.

Thomas shrugged. "You and Minho were trying to help Alby. I couldn't just stand by and watch you struggle when you were so close to safety."

The more the two talked, the closer they got. When Teresa arrived a month later, the two were practically dating. They spent their time day dreaming about life outside of the Walls, where they would go and what they would do. That's when Thomas said he would do everything he could so she could live out those dreams, and that's when Rebekah confessed she'd admired him for a while.

They were out of the Maze now, wandering in the Scorch for the Right Arm. Hardly any of the Gladers made it out of the Maze safely, and those who did didn't all make it. Thomas had made Rebekah his priority. The two had gone through so much together, the thought of him losing her would break him entirely.

They'd found the Right Arm, feeling safe and secure in their small camp. They were far from W.I.C.K.E.D.'s grasp now and finally they could take a sigh of relief. The group sat on the ground, laughing amongst themselves. Thomas gently interlaced his fingers with Rebekah's, placing a kiss on the back of her hand. She turned to him and smiled, squeezing his hand. As his gaze turned back to everyone, he noticed someone was missing: Teresa. He scanned the horizon, looking for the girl. Maybe she was overwhelmed with everything that had happened and needed a breather. He saw her overlooking the desert and curiosity got to the best of him. "I'm going to go see if Teresa's ok. I'll be right back."

As he walked off, Minho shook his head. Rebekah squinted her eyebrows in question. "I don't trust her. There's something off with her." He got up and followed.

Before they'd gotten to the Right Arm, Teresa brought it to Thomas's attention that she believed W.I.C.K.E.D. was good, that back at the facility, everything would've been fine. To his surprise, she still decided to come with them even after he told her she could go back if she wanted to.