Newt Imagine: I am in Love with You

Warning: Some fluff (no smut though because I don't write that)
Word Count: 2356 words
Quick A/N: So, I tried writing something "romantic", but I think it just sounds weird and cheesy. Welp...I tried...(if anyone has any recommendations on how to write cute moments/ how to write when characters kiss without sounding like a weirdo, that would be great. I need all the help I can get lol.

• • • • •

[Y/N] had been living in the Glade for roughly five months, or at least five different Greenies had shown up after her. She knew the whole order of how everything was: Alby was here first, which is why he's Leader, then Newt, Minho, Gally, etc, etc. All she knew was that there were maybe twelve or thirteen boys trapped in the Glade the day of her arrival.

She had been placed into many different jobs, everything from Med-Jack to Track-Hoe to even Cook, believe it or not. She wasn't good at any of them, but her closest friend, Newt, had forced her to stay as a Track-Hoe. The girl longed for something much different, however. She saw how Minho and three other boys ran into and out of the dark, mysterious Maze each and every day, and that sparked curiosity.

"Hey, [Y/N]," Newt's voice called her back to reality. "Are you going to just bloody stand there or actually help?"

She rolled her eyes, and he slightly chuckled. "What do you need me to do now?"

"Stop being a shank and get me a bucket," His eyes focused on the vines he adjusted. When she didn't move, he turned to her. "Please? Just one small favor."

She laughed, pushing a strand of her [H/C] hair behind her ear. She walked off towards the other side of the fields, retrieving the desired bucket Newt had asked for.

She wasn't one hundred percent sure why the boy forced her to stay a Track-Hoe with him. After all, she basically just kept him company and gathered things for him. She found no use in her job, and to be honest, Alby didn't either. Clint had disapproved after the "incident" when she had been working, and after her disaster of cooking, Frypan decided that maybe being a chef wasn't her strongest gift.

Gally had tried to persuade her to become a builder, but she kept denying it every time he asked. Winston never asked if she wanted to be a slicer because he saw the way she acted around blood, hence the "incident" when she was a Med-Jack.

Clint was showing her how to properly bandage wounds, when Winston came into the Homestead, shirt covered in blood, dried blood and small remains from whatever animal he had brutally murdered on his hands, not to mention a huge gash on his arm that spewed a sticky, dark crimson liquid. The sight cause [Y/N] to fall weak at her knees and awake hours later in her room. The main reason she can't become a Med-Jack: fainting at the sight of blood.

He brought the bucket back to Newt, who propped himself against the wooden bar holding the vines. Ever since his leg was badly injured, even the attempt at standing for a long time caused pain to shoot through his body.

She never knew what had happened to Newt, no one ever said anything about it. They all just knew he needed more time to get to places than the rest of them and that his iconic limping was irreversible.

"Do you want me to take over? I'm sure it's fine if you take a break if your leg-" She started.

"No, I'm fine," Newt could be rather stubborn. "I haven't even been working for that long."

"And I haven't even been working." She thought to herself. Her job was a joke and meant nothing to the benefit of the Glade. What she wanted to do was help for a change, huge help for everyone.