You Get Stuck in the Maze at Night (Part 2)

Thomas Imagine:
Warning: Blood?
Word Count: 1246 words
Quick A/N: So I haven't been on here in a while, but I was recently told to "find something that can help take my mind off of stuff" and this just happens to be it. Also I'm still rewriting everything because oof it's terrible.

The last thing she wanted to see was a forlorn look upon Thomas's worried face, and that was the single thing that kept her alive overnight: Her desire to be with him. She faced the now closed Doors, and sat down cross legged. She closed her eyes, placing her hand against the stone.

"I'll be back when the sun rises," She sighed. "I promise, Tom." Despite her current situation of being locked inside the most dangerous thing she knew, she had hope she would survive. She was determined to make it out alive and to get the Leader along with herself to safety.

Quickly thinking, she got up and began to drag Alby's body towards the vines she had past. The stung Leader didn't wake and she was able to hide him nicely underneath the leafy green. Once she secured his safety, she focused on her own. Frightened by the thoughts of being stung, she looked up and around her, finding nothing willing to attack her, or at least not yet.

Darkness finally overtook the Maze, and that's when she first heard them: the Grievers. She had sat down near Alby in case he woke, but when she heard the clicking of their joints and horrid screams, she stood up and assessed where she would move to. It wasn't long until the monsters themselves had found her.

She had been running for hours, exhaustion taking over her body. She craved a peaceful sleep, something to eat, a drink of water perhaps, but she had none. She had nothing. When one of the cruel creatures finally caught up to her, it hadn't stung her. Instead it continued to chase her around the stone walls.

When she lost that one, two more followed her until she came across a dead end. Vines covering the wall, she climbed her way up them, but the Grievers only climbed as well. As she climbed, the one pierced her skin with its long, sharp, metal leg, causing her to yelp out in pain. She reached for the vine to pull herself up, but her quick loss of blood caused her vision to run dizzy. She missed the vine by only a centimeter or two, and fell back down the wall she had climbed.

Landing on her back, blood covered her jeans and started to form a puddle on the stone ground. She felt the red substance in her mouth, her head pounding as she stared up at the night sky. The Grievers, still clinging to the wall, simply looked down at her, completing their climb as if they weren't there to kill her. Her eyes gently closed and she waiting for her death to come.

The sun shone on her face when she awoke. She was surprised to not be dead. No one survives a night in the Maze, and yet here she'd done it. Her head still pounded and when she rubbed her face to wake herself more, several traces of blood were felt on her fingers. She sat up, looking at her bloodied leg. She tried pushing herself up, tried getting up to walk, but she simply fell back down in excruciating pain.

She pulled herself along the floor to the wall, where she used the stone to help her stand. Slowly, she walked against the wall until she was where Alby was hidden. She fell down once more, yelling in pain. She covered her mouth, tears falling down her cheek. She wiped them away, moving the vines to look over Alby's body. Not a single scratch besides what had happened the day before be on him.

She pulled him out from underneath the greenery, and pulled herself up the wall again so she could walk. One hand grabbing the unconscious Leader, the other clutching the wall until her knuckles turned white, she tried her hardest to get to where the Doors were.

She had lost track of time, but if they hadn't opened yet, they would open within a few minutes. Slowly, carefully, painfully, she walked, step after step, until she saw the gateway entrance to the Glade: The Doors.