Ben Imagine: Till Death Do Us Part

Warning: Spice, mentions of death
Word Count: 3049 words
Quick A/N: Hello, yes I am back after a very long hiatus. Somehow this book became very popular again (which I thank you all for) and after looking at several comments I missed, people would like imagined for those other than the Vine Trio. You can expect both Gally and Ben imagines (since they were the most requested) to be added in ALL previous parts and upcoming ones. Enjoy, and happy reading!~ Oct. 2, 2022
• • • • •

They'd been together for years. Ben arrived the month before [Y/N] and when they met, they'd clicked instantly. He was always rather quiet and shy, yet she seemed to be outgoing and confident, and the saying "opposites attract" was proven correct when Ben mustered up the courage to ask the girl to be his. She was attracted to the Runner, and of course replied with a yes.

They spent the first couple of months hiding their relationship until Minho had accidentally walked in on them while they were in bed. The news of their relationship quickly got out to the rest of the Glade (though Minho claimed he never spread the word to anyone other than Newt and Gally), and they were confronted by the Leader, Alby, who scared Ben so badly, the poor boy could hardly talk. It was [Y/N] who explained they had wanted to keep their relationship private out of respect for the other Gladers, that she loved him very dearly (which caught Ben of guard since they had yet to tell each other that special eight-lettered phrase), and how she didn't know it would be such a big problem for everyone. Alby explained he didn't find it a problem, was just curious as to when it started, and told both Ben and [Y/N] that if something were to happen between them and they decided to end things, they would have to remain civil. They both agreed.

After that, several Gladers would come up to the young couple and make rude remarks towards the girl. Ben, being the quiet boy he is, wouldn't be able to meet their eyes, and would slowly wrap his arm around [Y/N]'s waist. She, on the other hand, would very quickly reply with an even ruder comment, and a kiss on Ben's cheek, before they both would leave. Within a year of them being together in public, the Gladers got the hint: the only boy deserving of [Y/N] was Ben. Occasionally, a few Greenies would have to learn their lessons (despite Newt, Gally, and sometimes even Alby saying the two are dating), but they too quickly got the idea.

They'd been together for two and a half years now, through thick and thin, their love everlasting. Today was the day the new Greenie arrived, and also the night of the Gladers' most recent event: the Bonfire. Ben was out when the new Greenie showed, and when he returned [Y/N] explained to him in their hut that the brunet ran towards the Doors before face-planting into the grass a few yards before he could escape. Something was off with Ben, however, he was even quieter than he usually was, and his laugh was short, almost fake.

"Everything alright?" She asked when she could tell she was losing him in thought. He nodded slowly and took a deep breath before responding.

"There's something I have to tell you," His voice was quiet and calm. She nodded for him to continue. "Know I'll always love you, ok?"

"Ben," She playfully pushed him by his shoulder. "Spit it out." He nodded and slowly lifted his shirt, and [Y/N]'s smile dropped. She looked away, swallowing down her tears. On his torso was a small black wound with black veins jutting out around it.

"It happened earlier today," He spoke, letting go of his shirt and placing an arm around the girl, kissing her temple. "No one knows, at least not yet," He unwrapped his arm from her, and stood up reaching into his back pocket. He pulled out a tiny piece of twisted vine, the leaves and it's green color long gone. He swallowed and took a knee in front of where she sat. "[Y/N], we both know I don't have much longer," He smiled. "I've loved you for the longest time now. I know we made plans of our future and what we'd do after we got out of here, but please don't not do those things because I won't be there. I love you, [Y/N], and I will forever love you."