Newt Imagine: The Changing

Warning: Traumatic memories that mention depression, death, and attempted suicide; talking about attempted suicide

Word Count: 1463 words

A/N: I saw TDC recently so I'm going to try and bring back this book of imagines. But don't worry: No spoilers until the film comes out on DVD. I am going to include (or at least try to include) at least one GIF in every imagine but I AM NOT TAKING CREDIT BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT MINE! Also, I am still doing requests, so if you would like a personal imagine, feel free to message me. However, NO SMUT, ONLY SOME FLUFF! Anddddd...if you can't get on Wattpad to read imagines, follow my Tumblr (@futureauthor300)! I'm slowly but surely posted every good imagine I have on here, on there, and some sneak peaks too.

• • • • • • • •

It was late. The Doors would close any minute, yet Minho and [Insert your name here] haven't returned from the Maze. Newt, along with many of the other boys stood at the giant stone doors starring into it.

Newt stood there, longing to see [Insert your name here] turn the corner with Minho. As seconds past, more boys came to stand by the Doors. About three minutes before the Doors would close, Minho was spotted running whilst carrying [Insert your name here] in his arms. Gladers began to shout with encouragement and he had made it a minute before the Doors closed.

"What the hell happened?" Newt asked, his eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. Minho, tired and out of breath, gently placed [Insert your name here] on the ground and sat down.

"There was a Griever," He spoke. "It was in my way and I did a shank job of running away from it. [Insert your name here] saved my ass by having it chase her instead of me. She saved my life, but got stung."

Newt didn't know what to say. [Insert your name here] had saved Minho, but got stung. He knew that Clint and Jeff still had a few vials of the Serum left, but he knew it would change [Insert your name here] completely. She had been the fourth Glader to arrive, and her arrival had changed his life forever. Not only because she was the first girl in the Glade, but because she gave him a reason to get up every day.

He had liked her since she arrived, and his friends knew. They told him it was obvious but [Insert your name here] had no idea.

"Newt?" Minho asked, trying to get his friend's attention. "She'll be fine. She's tough."

Newt nodded, biting his lip. "I know. I'm just scared that she's going to be different."

• • • • • • •

Newt had carried [Insert your name here] to the Homestead, placing her on one of the beds. Clint grabbed a vial from the small storage facility they had and handed it to Jeff who then injected her with it.

"She should be fine within a couple of days or so," Jeff said, turning towards Newt. "But I wouldn't stay here all day. It can get a little...hard to bear."

Newt looked over and Jeff and Clint, then back to [Insert your name here].