There's Another Girl

Thomas Imagine:
Warning: Depresso espresso
Word Count: 1860 words
Quick A/N: As promised to @moodyelizabeth1 this part has been updated! I apologize for the delay, but I'm slowly starting to get back in the swing of things. Enjoy!

When [Y/N] said she wasn't fond of the new girl, she almost despised her. Her gorgeous dark and curly hair she flipped over her shoulder now and then, her piercing blue eyes, her hourglass figure, and not to mention her annoyingly sweet personality. Every boy in the Glade loved her, casting [Y/N] aside as if she were liver.

She used to be admired by the boys in the Glade just like Teresa is now. After all, she was the only female present, so of course boys lusted to be with her sometimes. She never felt like that to any of them, however. Only one out of the forty some boys caught her attention, made her smile and laugh all the time, the one boy she grew incredibly close to, and that was Thomas.

With the new girl arriving, she barely saw the Runner. Frankly, she barely saw any of the Gladers. Even though she herself worked with the Second in Command, the two barely talked. Things were different now, and she truly felt invisible. Wherever Teresa walked, the boys' heads would turn to watch. It was almost as if [Y/N] didn't exist anymore.

"Newt," She called for the fifth time, finally grabbing the Brit's attention. The blonde turned to look at her. "Did you even hear what I asked?" Slightly embarrassed, he quietly shook his head, looking down at the tomatoes he was picking. "I asked if I could be done for today. I'm not really feeling well."

"Oh, yeah. You've worked pretty hard today. If you're not feeling well, I could walk you to the Homestead?" Newt inquired. She shook her head. Teresa was a Med-Jack, and all of the boy's took any chance they could get to stop by and see her, so she doubted Newt would be any different. She saw the way he stared.

"I'm just going to lie down for a little bit," She muttered, picking up her sweatshirt and walking to her room. There were two small huts built especially for the two females. They weren't next to each other, and they were not the same size. [Y/N]'s room was off towards the forest, much smaller, cozier. Teresa's, on the other hand, was close to the boys' hammocks and nearly twice the size of [Y/N]'s hut.

Gally was in charge of building the houses. When [Y/N] first arrived in the Glade, he built it far from the boys' so she could have her privacy and built it small (to which she didn't mind at the time) to save resources. Once Teresa arrived, he built her hut close to the boys so she wouldn't feel lonely and there was "so much extra material" so he made it bigger.

She pushed the door open and closed it rather abruptly. Throwing her sweatshirt onto the edge of her bed and tossing her shoes onto the floor, she lay down in her tank top. She simply stared up at the ceiling for what seemed like a while.

She heard the Walls close. Thomas would be back now, so maybe she could catch him walking towards the Dining Hall for dinner. She got up, tank top still visible, and walked towards the door. She opened it, looking out only to see Thomas and Teresa talking. They both were smiling and laughing, the two just looked so happy.

Something had almost clicked inside her that turned her anger towards the new girl off. Instead, now she only felt upset because deep down she knew she could never get the boy she loved.

Morning came, yet she stayed in her hut. It didn't shock her when no one visited her to make sure she was ok. She didn't show up to breakfast, to work, or even lunch. Instead she laid on her bed, staring at the ceiling, waiting for night to come. She had fallen asleep almost before the Doors closed. The hunger had gnawed at her stomach, but she ignored it.

When Thomas got back from Running, Teresa greeted him with a smile yet again. He walked with her towards the Dining Hall, but his eyes didn't focus on Teresa. Instead, his eyes glazed the Hall for [Y/N]. He spotted Newt and Minho, but the [H/C] haired girl wasn't amongst them.