Newt Imagine: She Was Supposed To Be Dead!

Warning: None
Word Count: 2674 words
Quick A/N: Okay I know I normally have patterns when it comes to imagine books, but in order to achieve my goal of posting at least one thing a week I have just been writing imagines for ideas that come to my mind. Of course, they deal with certain people and I can't really change them so prepare for an unorganized, no-patterned book of imagines that are hopefully good. Also, I will probably create a second part for this Imagine.

• • • • • • • •

"Okay so this is the Glade and we all have roles. I get that part, but what I don't get is why are we here? And why's it just guys?" Thomas asked Newt. It was the day that Thomas had arrived in the Glade. The Gladers had been planning a bonfire for a while, and they finally could have one. The two teenagers sat with their backs to the fire, resting on a log.

"You ask a shuck load of questions, Greenie." Newt responded, slightly chuckling. He took a sip of the drink that was in a small jar he held.

"Oh, come on! I know I'm the Greenie and all but I can't seriously be the only one who thinks it's weird that there are only teenage guys in the Glade." Thomas replied, turning to look at Newt.

"How do you know that there weren't any girls here before you came?" Newt asked after taking a sip of his drink.

"Well, were there?" Thomas asked.

Newt bit his lip before replying. "Yeah. There was one girl here."

"What happened to her?" Thomas inquired.

"She was a Runner and she went into the Maze to map like she usually did. Then she just never came back. Minho went to try and find her, but all he found was her Runners pack." Newt responded.

"So she died?" Thomas asked.

"No one has survived a night in the Maze." Newt responded, looking at the Doors, causing Thomas to fall silent.

• • • • • • • •

A few days passed when Thomas officially became a Runner. What Newt had told him about the girl who had been assumed dead still had him questioning the Glade.

"Hey, Minho?" He had asked the Keeper of Runners when they were in the Maze together. They slowed to a walk so they could talk.

"Yeah? Whatcha need, Greenie?" Minho asked, his eyes focused on the Maze in front of him.

"What happened to the girl that was here? Newt told me a little but-" Thomas started. Minho held him arm out to stop Thomas from walking, his eyes questioning Thomas.

"The girl? Newt told you about her?" Minho asked.

"Yeah. Not much though. He said she was a Runner and went missing. You guys presumed her dead." Thomas spoke.

"I'm surprised." Minho said, looking back at the stone walls and matching ground to make sure nothing was there.

"Why are you surprised?" Thomas asked.

Minho looked back at Thomas. "Newt never talks about [Insert your name here]. Ever since she disappeared, he's been more broken than ever."