4. Orphans

2 days later

Through our the 2 days the three Maximoff children where trapped, The twins kept an eye on the bomb and haven't moved. Now you may be wondering about Matteos case. The youngest Maximoff throughout the two days has been in and out of consciousness. He hit his head pretty hard when the first shell hit, but he suffered to stay awake. He was pretty shaken up still, he would often shift in his movements a little bit but every time he did the ground beneath him would crack. So after he heard cracking he stopped moving, he would look over at Wanda and Pietro with the most terrified look ever. The twins would talk to him and tell him everything will be ok when they get out.

It was roughly around 7 in the morning, the twins looked exhausted but they had to stay awake. Or Wanda and Pietro thought since they where more worried about Matteo. Matteo was awake but he coughed then sneezed, he didn't look that great he had dried up blood on his face and he had bags under his eyes. He was more terrified than anything, every time he shifted in the slightest he heard the ground beneath him crack. "(Bubby..sissy..t-the g-gwound..it's c-cwacking..I'm scawred..)" Matteo said in his shaky terrified voice.

The twins both darted their attention to Matteo who gave them the same look he's had for the past 2 days. "(Hold on!..Dont move! Stay as still as possible Guppy!..)" Wanda blurted out. "(Yeah! Stay strong buddy!..just keep your eyes on us!..)" Pietro stated. Matteo nodded and just looked over at them and tried to stop his trembling he's been doing ever since he woke up.

About 25 minutes later they all heard people running up the stairs. "HELLO?! (HELLO?!)" a couple of voices yelled out from outside their door. Pietro and Wanda both took this as their chance to get the help "(IN HERE! HELP US!!)" the twins both yelled out. Matteo looked over at the door as the door was getting knocked down. He saw 2 men enter the room with rope and hard hats on "(Theres 2 under the bed! And one over there under that table!)" the man stated. One of the men was about to go over to the twins but they both refused and slowly started to get out "(get out brother! Please!..)" Wanda said in a scared tone. Pietro got out from under the bed with Wanda and stood next to the man by them "(please! He's hurt and he said the ground is cracking!)" Pietro blurted out as he held his hand on Wandas shoulder.

The man by the twins hurried and ushered them to the man by the door, he then turned his attention to Matteo who looked at them terrified. The man then slowly started to walk closer to Matteo, the twins both kept their eyes on Matteo. They didn't want to leave without him "(Ok lad it's going to ok. Just keep your eyes on me or your siblings.)" the man stated as he then started to hear the floor crack while he got closer. "(Sissy..Bubby..)" Matteo called out as he started to tear up. The twins held there hands and had fear all over their face.

Once the man was about 4 feet away from Matteo the ground immediately cracked and started to crumble. "(KID CRAWL NOW!)" the man yelled at him as he quickly went over to him to try to get Matteo. Matteo was frozen for half a second before he finally started to crawl out but it wasn't fast enough. He felt himself fall the table he was under brought him down as well. "(SISSY! BUBBY!)" Matteo yelled out before he fell through the floor. "(NO! MATTEO!)" Wanda yelled out she was about to run but Pietro kept her back along with the man. "(DAMN IT!)" the man yelled. "(GET THESE TWO OUT OF HERE IM GOING DOWN TO GET HIM!)" the man yelled as he ushered them both out and ran down to the next 2 floors.

Right when the twins got out of the apartment they stayed at the front of the broken down building waiting eagerly. Wanda half onto Pietro for dear life with tears streaming down her face, Pietro had tears in his eyes but watched the building. They both waited for their baby brother to come out, but they both where pushed away from the building entrance into a crowd of people that where helping them. Wanda kept her eyes on the apartment while Pietro talked to the people who were helping.

Now with Matteo you may assume he is long gone, but he only fell 2 stored down. That may seem harsh but it wasn't, he was saved by a mattress he landed on the first floor he fell through. The only thing that really hurt him was the rumble and table that fell on him. Right when he hit the second floor he fell off the bed and onto the ground. He groaned in pain and screamed he then looked around and saw a big pile of rumble on one side of the little home he was in. Matteo sat up in pain and felt a lot of pressure in his head and wrists. When The 3 year old looked down at his wrists there where bruised along with deep cuts in them. He cried and looked around, he felt alone and didn't know if he was going to see his siblings again. "(WANDA! PIETRO!)" Matteo yelled out before he then heard the door break open. He saw the same man who was helping him and his siblings before he fell. The man quickly ran over and scooped Matteo up and ran out the room. He didn't say anything other than it was 'ok and it's alright.' Matteo just cried and trembled on his way out of the apartment.

Once Matteo and the man where out of the apartment the man looked around for the twins from earlier but didn't see them. The first thing that came into his mind was to bring the little boy to the medical tent. While the man rushed over to the tent Matteo was crying and trembling. "(WANDA! BUBBY!..)" Matteo called out before he felt himself get drowsy and start to pass out. Wanda seen the whole thing go down since she didn't let her eyes go off the building. As she seen Matteo get carried out she grabbed Pietros arm and dashed through people and over to where Matteo was getting taken.

As the twins got to Matteo and the man, Matteo was taken straight to a bed and started to get stitched and cleaned up. The twins sat outside of the tent talking with another lady who was asking questions about the bombing. Matteo during this whole thing was getting his head cleaned and stitched up along with his wrists. What the nursed have noticed was that he was such a strong boy for surviving everything he's been through. They did have trouble with Matteo for a slight second when his heart flatlined for a minute. After they got him stable again they finished up and kept him on an IV.

2 hours later

It was roughly around 9 going to 10 am, the twins and Matteo where taking into an orphanage since they where the only kids and weren't old enough to be on their own. Matteo was laying in a bed hooked up to an IV in a small room. The room consisted of 2 twin sized beds with a small window, the twins where both in the room waiting for Matteo to wake up. They where scared more than anything, they where almost ushered out of the room to eat but they refused to stay with Matteo.

Matteo did slowly start to wake up, as he slowly started to wake up he whined and put his hand on his head. Wanda was the first to notice, she quickly got up from the bed and ran over to Matteos side. Pietro was standing by the window but once he saw Wanda move quickly over to the bed he ran over to them. Matteo opened his eyes and right when he did so he let out a small sob, all he felt was pain. Wanda took Matteos hand softly and held it, she looked at her brother with a sad but relived look. "(Guppy..it's ok where here..Sissy and Bubby are here.. where safe now..)" Wanda cooed as she rubbed her brothers cheek. Pietro put his hand on Matteos arm and rubbed it "(yeah where right here..)" Pietro stated. Once Matteo looked over at them he let out a little smile before he just started to break down crying.

Wanda and Pietro both had sad looks but they knew he was in pain. Wanda simply got up and went on the other side of him and crawled into bed with Matteo. She knew that he must have felt alone and scared in that very moment, she also let her protective mother like instincts kick in. Wanda brought Matteo close to her and cuddled him, Matteo turned slightly into her and cried. He felt a bit relieved and relaxed when he finally got into someone's arms that he knew. Wanda just held Matteo close to her and hummed the lullaby while rubbing Matteos back. "(Your ok now buddy. Where here. Where safe..we will protect you bud..)" Pietro said in a soothing voice as he looked at him then Wanda.

The twins both looked at each other before looking back at Matteo with a sad look still. Matteo stopped his crying and calmed down, he felt relaxed and safe again. Even after everything happened he was still terrified, but in that exact moment he felt safe in his sisters arms. The young Maximoff then slowly started to drift off asleep again due to the lack of sleep, Wanda noticed him falling asleep so she smiled and just kept on holding him. She didn't want to let go of her brother, she was terrified for him. Pietro smiled at them a bit before he went ahead and started to go to the other end to get some sleep. Wanda just watched Pietro go to the bed but she knew she had to try to sleep. After everything that happened she was terrified but she felt as if she had to keep a brave face on. Soon after Wanda seen that Pietro fell asleep she decided that she would go ahead and fall asleep or at least get some rest, so she went ahead and did so.