57. Rest in Peace

1 week later

Natasha, Steve, Tony, Pepper and Morgan where at the graveyard looking down at Matteo's gravestone.

Natasha and Steve were the ones that where taking it very hard on themselves. Since they where both the ones to witness Matteo die on the bridge that night.

As the 5 of them looked at the grave Pepper went ahead to take Morgan back to the car. "It's all my fault.." Nat spoke out. "Hey.. don't say that.." Steve went on to talk but he was soon cut off by Natasha. "If I was only there for him! He was in pain! I knew he was getting to the point! He stopped doing the things he loved! I should have noticed the signs and just talk to him but I didnt!" Natasha blurted out as she had tears roll down her cheeks. "I should have talked to him! But I didn't.. I was so worked up with leading everything else.. I forgot the most important roll.. being a aunt.." Natasha said before she soon broke down.

Tony stood there with a sad look on his face as he wiped away his tears. Steve took in a shaky breath as he went over and hugged Natasha. Nat just tried to push him away but she soon just broke down in his grasp. "He w-was so young.." Nat cried out as she held onto him. Steve just rubbed her back as he swayed them. Tony watched them before he looked down at the grave.

Matteo Oleg Maximoff
Loved by Siblings and Fellow Avengers
A Son, A Brother, The Baby Avenger
May he live at peace

Tony smiled sadly at the grave before he went over to pat Steve and Nat on the shoulder. "I'm gonna get going.. I'll see you guys around.. call if you need anything.." Tony said sadly before he started to walk off back to Pepper.

Natasha and Steve looked over to see Tony now leave. The both of them looked down at the grave before they knew it should be a good time to leave. "Come on.. let's get going.." Steve said sadly as he soon started to walk Natasha back to the car. "Okay.." she responded as she looked back at the grave before they continued to walk to the car they both came in. Right as they both go to the car they stayed quiet as Steve started to ahead and drive back to the compound.

Time skip

At Natasha and Steve where in the living room they both looked at the note Matteo had left them. "You ready to read it?" Steve asked as he looked at Natasha. Nat kept staring at the note before she held back her tears and looked back at Steve. "Yep.." she said quietly. Steve nodded at her before he soon opened the note and held it to where him and her can read the note together.

Hey Uncle Steve. Hey Aunt Natty.
I'm sorry for what's about to happen. I never meant for it to be like this. But I just can't take it anymore. Every day I wake up and think about how I'm just drowning in my own thoughts and loneliness. I hate it.

After Wanda died. Or well got Blipped away. From what the news and everyone says. I just can't face the fact I'm just alone. I know I have you guys but I just feel alone. You guys are both doing you're of thing. While I'm just trapped. Trapped in this big lonely compound. With no one to talk to or play with.

Heck. After when you both found out about me being alive back in Sokovia when I was 8 you both have been on edge. Acting as if you both where my parents back then. Even now. But back then I had both Wanda and Pietro. But after my brother died. It was only just me and Wanda. But you both know how that ended up when she blamed me for his death. Heck I still believe it's my fault. I could have save him. But i didn't. But after all you both had helped me grow with my powers and try to show me how my powers done define me. That they help me.

You both had helped me with that. While you tried to show me that being a kid with powers isnt all I am. You both helped me and showed me how to be a kid again. Those where the greatest times I had. With Lila and Cooper. But after everything that had happened it's just sad and miserable.

You both had just drifted apart from me. And I just. I don't know. I'm always alone in the compound. I have given up on learning, gymnastics and just everything. It was boring and I lost interest.

I know you both are wondering how I made it this far. But I guess it's just by you both being there for me. And telling me how Wanda will be there soon and telling me how she will come back. But after their birthday. I just couldn't help but wonder how they won't come back, and I just lost hope. They both are gone.

This isn't you're fault either. If that's what your thinking. It's not. And Aunt Natty I'm talking to you when I say this. It's none of your fault. I'm just sick of this lonely world. It's just quiet and sad. Even though my hearing hasn't came back, which I doubt it will at this point. It's just all to sad. But anyway. I hope that you both do better without me. And continue doing what you two do best. And if you guys really do get everyone back from whatever that nasty stupid grape of a alien Thanos is. Please. Please just tell Wanda I'm sorry. I'm sorry for leaving her alone. But I just couldn't take it anymore. And could you please give her the note I left her. Thank you.

But anyways.. please just live on and don't worry about me. Or be sad about my death. Just live without me. It's better this way. I'm sorry again. I love you both so much.. and thank you for everything you both have done. See you both on the other side.. Momma Nat, Daddio Steve.
Love Matteo.

Natasha just balled as she read the note. She couldn't help it. "I love you t-too bug.." he cried out as she soon put her hands in he face. Steve had tears streaming down his face as he soon put the note down. He then got up and started to pace around the room. Both the avengers where heart broken from the note. But they knew they the baby Maximoff was off in a better place where they knew he wasn't suffering from anymore of the pain he was in.

Meanwhile...

A figure stood at the grave looking down at it. They then did a dry chuckle before they soon shook their head. "Matteo. Matteo. Oh dear boy you got yourself in a pickle. Let's get you out of this shit hole. Then we can go and get things into place my child." The person stated as they soon started to dig up Matteo with a little cackle.

[sorry for really short ass chapter but this is more of a filler chapter- now next chapter is where we get into the good stuff. >:D now i shall go to bed. PFT. Anyways stay scooty guys!