28. The Accords

4 weeks later

Matteo was eating breakfast alone, he was used to the fact that he would eat alone every morning. The young boy usually sits and eats while talking to Vision, but to his surprise Vision wasn't there this morning. Matteo would either have Vision help him make simple things to eat for breakfast, but since he wasn't there he made cereal. As Matteo was eating his cereal he couldn't help but notice how everyone would walk by in a rush. The young Maximoff was confused on how everyone seemed on edge today, but if he asked they wouldn't tell him. Because he's just a kid, and that he should worry about learning. But he doesn't know how to do that if no one is around to help him.

Steve literally helped him write simple things 4 weeks ago. He still doesn't know how to read nor write very well. He can read somethings but most of them he can't. Like he can read Sokovian just fine, but it gets hard since he has undiagnosed Dyslexia and ADHD. So with that he has a lot of trouble, but he can learn by himself and try to do his best. Now writing gets very difficult, he sounds out the words and writes them. No one ever showed him how to write a simple sentence, he was still even shocked that he wrote that note to his sister 4 weeks ago.

Also during the 4 weeks Matteo and Wanda have been getting along well again. He still gets nightmares from the bombing, but he doesn't bring it up. Be literally blocks out his dreams from his sister. Nat's noticed Matteo's lack in sleep aswell but Matteo would always try to hide it by just simply running off.

Now Matteo has finished up his breakfast he got off his chair and went to put his dishes away. Right as he did that he went off to go and try to find someone. As Matteo was walking towards the training room where everyone usually is he had an odd feeling. As he entered the room he seen no one. "Steve? Natty? Sammy? Tony?" Matteo called out but he heard no one. As Matteo walked further into the room he seen the padded floor. He smiled to himself before he walked up on it. "Ok!.. ok!.. you can do dis teo!.. let's try this move again!.." Matteo said to himself as he got into a backflip stance.

As Matteo took a deep breath in he jumped and tried to do his backflip, but as he was doing it he didn't stick the landing he fell flat on his stomach and hit his face on the padded floor. "Ow.." Matteo groaned out as he sighed. "(Why can't I do it anymore..)" Matteo said to himself before he sat up again. After Sokovia Matteo has never stuck his landing on his backflip. He wanted to learn to do it again but everytime he would try to do it the team would stop him. Since they said it's going to get him hurt, so he's never tried it in the training room. He would practice his backflips in his room on his bed, but he would never stick the landing either. But little Matteo never gave up, he wants to do that sick move again since Pietro and him where going to both learn it. But now he just wants to learn it again for his older brother.

As Matteo got up again he sighed and looked around again. "Where is everyone at?..Wanda's in her room.. but everyone just left!" Matteo talked to himself as he now left the training room to go head to Wanda's room.

As the boy was walking towards his sisters room on their floor he heard the Tv playing. He was confused and very curious who was watching tv on there floor. So he followed the noise. As Matteo made it to the small office like room he stood there and seen Steve. Matteo tilted his head a bit before he heard the tv playing. "11 wakandains where among those killed during a confrontation, between the Avengers and a group of mercenaries in Lagos Nigeria last month." that came from the news station on the tv. Matteo's eyes widened before he backed away, he soon felt his breath start to pick up a bit.

He didn't know what happened he was completely fine but once he heard and seen that on the tv. He started to freak out, he felt guilty for not saving those people from that bombing. That's when it hit him, he couldn't save those 11 people in the building. He felt more panicked now, he then remembered flashbacks from right when he got blasted. Matteo closed his eyes tightly before he calm himself down.