11. Captured

With the Avengers

Right when Steve aboard the quinjet he had all the eyes on him. Before he did or say anything he quickly saw everyone's eyes look down at the unconscious beaten up boy in his arms. "Is this the third enchanted you where talking about?" Nat asked as she looked at Steve. Steve nodded before he walked over to go put Matteo down on the ground in the corner of the quinjet near Bruce. Bruce looked over at him before he noticed all the bruises and injuries that where scattered on him. "Did you fight him?" Bruce asked before he looked at Steve who was now looking down at him.

"No. The only thing I ever did was throw my shield at him. But I didn't know he was a kid! If I knew he was a kid I would have talked to him." Steve said before he sighed. Bruce looked at the boy again before he put his beats over his ears "I'll have to look over him when we get back." He said before he drifted into his daydream. Steve nodded at him before he walked off to go check on everyone to see how there doing.

Right after Tony came back with the scepter they took off. As they where in the air Tony looked over at the boy, he then tilted his head slightly. "Who brought a kid on here?" He asked before he looked over at Steve. Steve looked at him "That's the third enchanted. I didn't know what to do with him so I brought him on here." Steve stated as they both looked at him. "Well when we get back he's going into the cell. No exceptions." Tony stated as he turned around to focus on flying. Steve sighed and walked over to go with Thor to look at the scepter.

As Nat was done with Clint she walked over to Bruce to talk to him. Right after she was done talking to Bruce they both looked at Matteo who was now trembling. Nat had a mothering instinct kick in, before she knew it she was grabbing a small pillow and blanket for Matteo. As she put the pillow underneath his head and covered Matteo up with the blanket she sighed. She then looked at him, she then looked over at Bruce who was now looking at her. "He Can any older than 6. He's to young." She said before she noticed how Matteo has his hands and arms bandaged up. She then noticed how he was skinny and pale. Bruce just watched as she cared for the young enchanted, he didn't do much besides watch her. And before they knew it they where getting ready to unload.

As they where all unpacking Nat picked up Matteo and followed Dr. Cho along with other Doctors to get Clint healed. While everyone else was talking and getting the scepter off. Steve was talking with Maria to get news about Strucker and The Twins. "Wanda and Pietro Maximoff, Twins. Orphaned at the age of 13 when a shell collapsed on there apartment building." She stated as they both walked off to the elevator talking about their abilities. "What about the third enchanted?" Steve asked as he gave the tablet back to Maria. She pulled up his file and gave it back to Steve while she talked.

"Matteo Maximoff, orphaned at age 3 along with his siblings. According to this he was the only child that ever survived the experiments. But he never signed up his siblings where taken away from him as they all went under experimentation." She said as she sighed. While she said that Steve looked at a Matteo's missing child's photo pop up on the screen from the orphanage. Right after that he looked at Matteo who had a happy smile on his face with two other kids at a playground. "His abilities?" Steve asked as he gave the tablet back to Maria one last time. "Just like his sister, he has telekinesis. But that's all that shows on his file. According to Struckers file on him, he had many tests done to get him to have more abilities but I'm guessing they never showed up since he is still young." She stated. "Well the twins will show up again. And we will talk to Matteo when he's out of his unconsciousness." Steve said as he then got in the elevator.

7 hours later

As Matteo slowly got up he grunted and grabbed his chest and sat up coughing. "(Sissy?..Bubby?..)" he called out before he looked around. Right when he looked around finally his eyes widened, he then looked down at his clothes and seen that he was wearing fresh clean ones. As he panicked he looked at his arms and noticed that there Where fresh bandages on them. He then looked looked at all the cuts he knew he had and he seen that they where stitched and cleaned up. As he finally looked around he seen someone staring at him through the window of his cell.

"Your awake finally." The deep voice said. Matteo trembled before he backed up against the back board of the bed. He stared at the man who was looking at him. All Matteo did was hold his hands up for defense while he had tears in his eyes. He didn't know where he was, the way that the man spoke was different from the other guards he's used to since they had German think accents. "Don't be alarmed I just want to talk. I won't hurt you." The voice said as he finally came in show. Matteo seen it was the guy who had the shield he didn't do anything besides tear up and still hold his hands up. He didn't want to talk to the guy who hurt him, all he wanted was his brother and sister.

As 3 hours went by Steve gave up on trying to talk to Matteo. Since the little boy would just stare at him while he wiped his tears away. So he left him be and decided to have Nat talk to him and go and give him some food since Bruce and Dr. Cho did say that he was very under weight for his age. When him and Nat found out that he was 8 years old from Dr. Cho and Bruce they where shocked. They knew that he would be terrified and really scared, since he only ever had his siblings. So now they had to figure out a way to take care of him and get him to go on their side.

As Matteo sat on the bed looking down at the new clothes he was wearing he noticed how they where about to big for him. He didn't care, all he did was have that comfort of having actually nice warm clothes instead of old torn up clothes that he was given by Strucker and the Guards back at the hydra base. As he was now looking down at the sheets of the bed he heard the door to his cell open up, he jumped and trembled looking up at a woman with red short hair.

"Hey. Hey. It's ok I'm not going to hurt you. I'm just here to give you food." The woman said as she slowly walked over and set down the tray on the bed before she backed up and gave Matteo space. Matteo looked down at the tray of food, he seen two slabs of bread with weird substance in between it. And along with grapes and some other things he's never seen before. Matteo was used to having grey slop with bread and water. He forgot about how the food he used to eat when he was younger along with everything else besides his two best friends and the bombing day.

Matteo soon looked at the woman who gave him a small smile and nod. As Matteo picked up the sandwich he took a bite out of it, he then had tears starting to weld up as he then started to scarf the sandwich down. He never had anything like what he had in over 4 years. Ashe was eating the woman chuckled a bit "Woah! Slow down. No one's going to take the food away from you." She said as Matteo then looked up at her. "(S-sorry..)" he said quietly before he looked back down at the food and just ate. "So you can talk." She said as she smiled a bit.

Matteo continued to eat before he looked back up at the woman. "I won't hurt you. No one here will hurt you. We just want to help you and keep you safe. Can you tell me your name?" She asked as she looked at him. Matteo just looked at her before he sniffled a bit. "Do you understand me?" She asked. Matteo waited a bit before he nodded and looked down at the food tray. "Well Can you tell me your name kid?" She asked as she looked at the boy who was sitting on the bed. "M-Matteo.." he said as he looked up at the woman. She smiled and nodded a bit "well it's nice to meet you Matteo. I'm Natasha, but you can call me Nat to make it easier for you." She said.

Matteo nodded at her before he looked down at the food then at his hands. "It's ok. You can keep eating. And if you need anymore food just ask Jarvis to call for me. I'll be back to check up on you ok?." Nat said as she got up and started to head to the door. "W-wait!..Where are my b-bubby and s-sissy?.." Matteo asked as he looked at Nat. She sighed and turned to him "they are ok. But they aren't here. There back at Sokovia still. They will be with you soon. Ok? Just rest up and eat ok kid? I'll be back in a bit to check up on you." Nat said as she left. Matteo did a little sigh "t-thank you.." he said quietly before he went ahead and started to drink his apple juice and eat his grapes. Nat smiled at him before she left.