5. Strucker

2 years later (Recap)

As the year passed for the Maximoffs they have been going all fine but it was a struggle. For the twins they did everything that they can to be there for Matteo, but it didn't seem to work out well since they both dropped out of school and worked. They also went to the riots so they where never really there for Matteo back at the orphanage. Now Matteo, while the twins where always out working or rioting the little Maximoff would always just keep himself and just play alone.

The behavior that Matteo has been giving off of being a loner set alert to the mistresses that work at the orphanage. For all that they know is that he's a mute and has given signs of Separation Anxiety and really early symptoms of Depression. They did try their best to help Matteo but he would always just stay in the room or stay by the window and wait for his siblings, so the mistresses stopped. Matteo during this time just be alone and do his own thing. He did feel alone during the time he spent alone since his siblings where gone when he would wake up. Matteo would always see them when they got back really late and tired, he missed the times he spent with Wanda and Pietro. For what the twins know is that Matteo is still his old happy self from what they see every time they get back to him. From what the twins see is that Matteo is happy and excited when they get back from work and rioting. But in reality they don't hear or see what he has been doing when they leave, no one told them or anything about how he doesn't talk or technically play like any other kid his age would.

Now

Matteo was sitting in the room he shared with Pietro and Wanda, he was just playing with toy blocks and cars. Just being the 5 year old he was was minding his business playing until he heard the door get knocked on. He looked up and saw one on the mistresses open the door and peek in. "Hey Matteo. Lunch is ready." She said with a small smile. Matteo just gave her a little smile and nod before he got up to go and get lunch. The lady stopped him and looked down at him "Hey now. You know there are some kids here that would love to play with you. You don't need to play alone you know Matteo." The lady said. Matteo just looked at her before he shook his head and just left past her to go eat lunch. The mistress sighed and just let it go and went ahead and followed behind Matteo.

After lunch

Matteo was now sitting by the window looking out it. He was listening to the footsteps and laughter coming from the kids that where playing. He did a little sigh and kept looking out the window not fazed by them, all he wanted was Wanda and Pietro to come back. He remembered the day they first left off to their first day of work, Matteo was crying that day. It was a 2 weeks after that got to the orphanage, Matteo was starting to warm up and talk but it all faded when they left. He was a reck he didn't talk or anything all he did was sob and wait by the window. And when they got back Matteo literally ran and hugged them while crying. That night Wanda had to stay with him the next day to talk with him and comfort him.

The little Maximoff snapped out of his trance with he got hit in the back of the head with a toy block. Matteo turned around and looked over at the group of 7 year olds that just looked at him then continued to play. Matteo did a little scoff and rubbed his head and ran upstairs to his shared room. Right when Matteo got into the room and shut the door he walked over to the bed that him and Wanda shared and sat in it. He then looked down at his hands and looked at the scars that were on his wrist. He ran his fingers along them before he looked over at the window, he didn't know how long he was staring out the window because he heard the door open and heard his siblings.

"Matteo? Buddy?" Pietro called out as he and Wanda walked into the room. Wanda walked in after Pietro and both the 15 year olds looked at Matteo who stared out the window. "(Teo?)" Wanda called out but she didn't get a response. Matteo waited a bit and turned to them and saw them, he saw there slightly worried looks. "Hi Bubby hi sissy. Was work ok??" Matteo asked as he still sat on the bed looking at them. Wanda knew something was off, Pietro knew too since Matteo would always run over to them and hug them straight away. Wanda went over and sat next to Matteo "come on guppy tell me what's wrong. And don't say that there isn't anything wrong." Wanda stated before she put her arm around Matteo. Pietro went over and sat down on the little nightstand that was next to the bed "yeah you seem off today. Did something happen?" Pietro asked.

Matteo looked at them with a sad look then looked down at his hands, he started to feel the familiar burning sensation in his eyes. He then did a little sigh "I miss mama and papa..and you guys are never here..I feel alone all the time.." Matteo said as he then started to have tears roll down his cheeks. The twins looked at each other before they then looked back down at Matteo. "Oh teo..we're sorry..I guess we just got really busy..we haven't even stayed with you or anything.." Wanda said as she started to comfort Matteo. "Yeah where sorry bud..but now where here. And today and from now on we will be with you and that's a promise that me and Wanda will keep." Pietro said before he got up and sat next to him. Matteo looked up at Pietro then Wanda with his red puffy eyes "r-really..?" He asked out in his shaky voice. "Yes really. Me and Bubby both got us a new place to stay. We will be leaving Tonight" Wanda stated before she wiped Matteos tears away. "Yeah. So now you'll be with us again and you won't be alone." Pietro said with a smile.

The 5 year old smiled at the two 15 year olds, he felt better than he did before. "Wait does the mistresses know we are leaving?.." Matteo asked. The twins both did a weird look but then changed it "yeah! They know! We just got to leave later so then they won't worry about us!" Wanda stated as she looked down at Matteo. "Yeah! They need their sleep since they have trouble dealing with the other kids here." Pietro stated. Matteo felt something was a bit off but he shrugged it off "Oh ok." Matteo said before he then yawned. "You should get some rest bud. We have to walk halfway to the new place." Pietro stated before he went and kissed his head. "But Im not s-sleepy.." Matteo protested. Wanda chuckled at him before she kicked off her shoes and laid down on the bed "(Say that to your eye bags Teo)" Wanda stated. Pietro got up from the bed and made Matteo lay down next to Wanda "get rest. You need it. Or we all need it.. it's going to be a long night." Pietro stated before he smiled at them and walked over to his bed. Matteo rolled on his side and looked at Wanda who was looking at him with a smile. "(Sissy..?)" Matteo called out. "(Yes Gup?)" Wanda responded to him as she then pulled Matteo closer to her. "(Promise me you will never leave me..)" Matteo asked. "(Guppy..Pietro already said-)" Wanda was cut off. "(No!..he promised me already..you need to promise me now..do you promise?..)" Matteo asked as he did another yawn. She did a little smile and nodded "(yes I promise my guppy. Now get some sleep.)" Wanda said before she started to cuddle Matteo. Matteo smiled as he then started to fall asleep from his sisters warmth.

Time skip

Matteo was awaken by the small chatter of his siblings. Once Matteo opened his eyes he seen that he was being carried by Pietro. The little Maximoff did a little yawn as he then looked around, he saw that he was outside in the streets of Sokovia with his older siblings. "Ah! Your awake." Pietro said. Matteo looked at him before he did another yawn "where are we going..?" Matteo asked. "We're going to the place we told you about Gup. Now come on. Let's get going some more we're halfway there." Wanda said as she then grabbed Matteo from Pietros grip and started to carry him.

Matteo laid his head against Wanda and looked around the empty streets of Sokovia and watched as they where now starting to go into the forest. Matteo was a bit scared since he hated the forest by his home town. "(Your ok. Just gotta meet someone up here so he can take us to the new place.)" Wanda said in a soothing tone. Pietro looked at them before he kept walking alone side them as if he was their personal guard. "Ah! There you are!" A voice called out which made Matteo whine and close his eyes. Wanda held Matteo close to her and looked over where the voice came from, as Pietro stood in front of the both of them. "Dont be alarmed just me. Strucker remember." Strucker stated as he looked at them. The twins sighed in relief before they walked over to him where he was standing in front of his car.

"Ah! This must be your little brother you guys where talking about." Strucker stated as he then looked at Matteo who was still hiding his face. "He's sleepy and scared. He's also not a talkative kid." Wanda stated as she rubbed Matteos back. "Ahh. Well there is nothing to be afraid of little one. I'll take good care of you and your siblings. Now let's get going shall we?" Strucker stated as he got in his car. Matteo kept his face hidden in Wanda, he was scared and tired like Wanda said. "(Matteo it will be ok. We will be with you. For now her get some rest. We will be with you guppy.)"Wanda cooed out before she started to run his back. Pietro smiled at them before he led Wanda to the car. Matteo took his sister up on that sleeping offer and decided just to fall back asleep.

Once they got into the car Strucker immediately drove off. Matteo felt a bit odd about this Strucker dude, even though he hasn't seen him properly he felt off about him. But he knew if his siblings trusted him then he should. Whats the worse that could happen? Matteo though before he then fully went into his little slumber.