53. Helping Nat

6 months later
June 25th 2019

11 year old Matteo was jumping on his trampoline he got from Steve. He's been doing backflips and front flips into the foam put that came along with it. Every time he would do a backflip into the foam put he felt as if he was doing the cool super move when he attacked and dodged the ultron bot. 

As he was jumping on the trampoline he heard Friday. "Mr. Maximoff. Ms. Romanoff would like you to get ready for ready for lunch." The AI informed Matteo. "Ok!" Matteo blurted out. "Ok. One more you got this!" He spoke to himself before he kept on jumping until he finally did the backflip. Once he did the backflip and landed it on the trampoline he smiled "YES! I DID IT!" He said. He knew he can do the backflip already but now he just had to learn to get the groove of doing it on the ground again. But he was going to do that later on. "Ok. Now go to the kitchen to get grub grub!" Matteo said to himself before he soon got off the trampoline and soon made his way to the kitchen.

Right as he wondered off into the kitchen he seen Nat who was talking on the phone. "Uh.. ok ok. Give me a minute. I'll be on the way." She said before she turned and started to make Matteo's lunch. Matteo just watched her go all over the place and looked very stressed. "Ok. Ok. I know. Hey Matteo here's your food bub. Yes! Ok ok! I'm on my way!" Nat stated before she soon hung up the phone. "Your leaving again?.." Matteo said before he soon grabbed his plate that had his usual Turkey and cheese sandwich. Nat just sighed before she looked over at the clock, she then looked over at Matteo. "Yea..I'm sorry bug. The world is just really messy... but I'll be back before you know it." She said before she soon went over and kissed the top of Matteo's head.

Matteo just frowned before he soon went over and sat at the table. "Ok.. will you be back for dinner time?" Matteo asked. Nat just did a nod "yeah I should be. But if I'm not back and your hungry just call up Steve ok? And if anything goes wrong-" Nat was saying before Matteo cut her off. "I know I know. If anything goes wrong and I don't feel safe call you right away." Matteo stated as he soon looked over at Nat. Natasha just smiled before she nodded "ok good. Now I better get going. I'll see you later bug. I love you." She said before she hurried off to go leave. "LOVE YOU TOO!!" He yelled out before he soon did a cough.

Matteo soon heard Friday "Mr. Maximoff Ms. Romanoff has a message for you." The AI stated before he heard Nat's voice. 'No yelling. Remember what Bruce said about yelling to much. You'll Strain your voice. Also I love you more.' Matteo just smiled before he rolled his eyes playfully "yeah yeahhh" he said before he soon started to eat his sandwich. "Friday Can you please turn on the tv?" Matteo asked as he soon took another bite of his sandwich. "Certainly." The AI said before the Tv soon came on. Matteo smiled before he soon watched Cartoon Network "thank you Friday" he said before he just continued to eat. "You're welcome Mr. Maximoff." Friday stated.

2 hours later

Matteo was in the training room doing his own training. Even though Nat and Steve both told him to not train he does it anyway so he could just get ready and prepare himself when he's older so he can help out the world. Matteo currently had his hearing aids off and he was blindfolded. He had the tennis ball machine going off at him on slow. He wanted to see if he can get his 6th sense back, but it wasn't working that well. He was just training himself to feel the vibrations on the ground and air to see if he can dodge the balls. The 11 year old was dodging a few of the balls but he kept on getting hit.

Once he knew the machine ran out of balls he took his blindfold off and sighed. He soon looked around and seen all the balls then did a little huff. The Maximoff soon used his wisps to get all the balls and put it back in the machine. He then flopped down on the ground and just looked at his hands. 'Why cant my powers come back again? I'm completely healed and healthy. Why won't they come back.' Matteo said in his head before he soon laid down on the ground. He soon just started to stare at the ceiling 'my hearing isn't back either. Even though my healing is done. Weird. Is something just holding everything back? Whatever.' He rolled his eyes a bit before he soon sat up and looked at the safety mats on the ground. "Hm." He hummed out before he soon got up and got in a ready position. 'Let's do this' he thought to himself before he soon took a deep breath. Matteo soon did a little run before he soon did front flip while landing it. "YES!" He yelled out. 'Ok ok! Now let's do the super move!' He thought to himself before he soon did a backflip and landed it perfectly.

Matteo just smiled brightly before he soon looked around, he then looked down at his hands. 'I did it Bubby.' He said in his mind before he soon looked up and started to go ahead and go back to his small training session with the tennis balls.

Time skip

Matteo was now in the small meeting room where Nat was at. He was watching as Nat talked to Carol, Rocket, Okyoe, and Rhodes. He didn't really bother to listen to what they where talking about all he wanted to do was be there for Nat. And also because he felt really lonely. Right when he watched Nat end the hologram call with everyone he watched as Nat just sat back in the chair with her hands over her face.

Matteo furrowed his eyebrows a bit before he got up and walked over to her. "Natty?.. you ok?" Matteo asked. Nat just let out a small sigh before she soon looked at Matteo "yeah. Yeah I'm ok." She responded. Matteo knew she wasn't ok since he's seen how stressed she's been. He soon climbed into Nat's lap and just hugged her, Nat was startled but she soon just hugged Matteo. "Natty..you've been really stressed..you look like your always about to cry.." Matteo said sadly. Nat just held Matteo closely and just was quiet.

"D-do you ever miss them?.." Matteo asked as he just laid his head against Nat's shoulder. Nat just nodded as she had a tear slip down her cheek. "Yea. I miss them all.. they are my family.. just like you.." Nat said as she look down at Matteo. Matteo smiled a bit "do you a sister or brother just like I did?.." Matteo asked as he soon started to play with his fingers. Nat's breath hitched a bit before she went quiet. Matteo felt as if he made her upset he soon stiffened up "I-I'm sorry! I d-didn't mean to make you sad!.." Matteo said in a scared tone.

Nat just did a small little chuckle before she put her hand on Matteo's cheek. "Hey hey! It's ok.. it's just that it's been a while since I've seen her.." Nat said sadly. The Maximoff just looked at any with sad eyes "so you have a sissy?.." Matteo asked cautiously. Nat just smiled a bit before she nodded "yeah. I have a little sister.. her name was Yelena.. shes the best little sister I've ever had.." Nat said before she cracked a smile. Matteo looked at her before he soon tilted his head a bit "Um..n-natty?.. where is Yelena?.." he asked. Nat's expression fell before she soon laid Matteo down on her again "she got blipped away.. just like Wanda did.. she and my parents got blipped away..I miss them very much.." Nat said as she soon started to rub Matteo's back. Matteo felt her sadness, he just hurried his head in the crook of her neck "I'm sorry.." he said quietly before he soon felt his pain for her.

"It's ok.. you know what.. it's ok because I have you.. and you have me. We both have each other. Just like our sisters had our backs." Nat said with a sad smile. Matteo clinged onto her "I miss her..s-she never got to say goodbye.. I never got to tell her I love her.." he said sadly. Nat just rubbed his back before kisses the top of his head "I never got too either bug..but they know.. they are watching over us baby.." she said sadly before she soon rocked them side to side. Matteo just held onto her before he soon started to hear her humming. Matteo looked at her and seen that she had her eyes closed, he then just buried his head back into the crook of Nat's neck. He just enjoyed the comfort and peace she was fully in, he wanted to help her with her stress and he felt as if he finally helped. But soon enough he started to hear Nat snoring, he soon looked at her with a small smile. He then used his magic to bring up a small blanket that was across the room and made it cover them. "Goodnight aunt natty.." he said quietly before he soon got comfortable again and just fell asleep.