43. Coming out from the Shadows

1 year later
November 20th 2018

Matteo was alone in the woods practicing his powers by blasting down old trees. He's been in the woods for the past year training everyday. Thought the whole time being alone he would constantly get the same night terror of him killing Junior. He lost himself, he doesn't even know who he really is anymore. All he knows is that he's Matteo and not Junior. He always gets the same weird feeling about someone being able to feel him and how he gets head pains every once in a while.

The 10 year old surprisingly stays out of harms way and just isolated himself away from society. Even though he's not a threat he thinks as himself as a monster ever since he had his first terror. He would get any sort of PTSD terror if he punched a tree to hard and started to bleed. Or if he uses his powers in any sort of way to kill animals for food. But he survived alone, without talking to people.

The one thing that has only ever changed to the boy is that his hair is short and has a white tips. As he started to get his speed, enhanced sense, and magic under control his hair started to turn out like Pietros a bit. But the only downside of it all was that Matteo hasn't grown. He still looks as short as if he was 9 years old still. He blames it on the injections Malik gave him, since it kinda froze him from everything else but his powers. But other than that he's been fine besides mental health wise.

As the 10 year old was getting finished up on his training for the day he had another head pain. "A-AUGH!" Matteo yelled out before he grabbed his head in pain and trembled. "S-switch..s-switch..s-stop.." Matteo blurted out before he then felt Vision. Matteo let go of his head and looked down at his hands, he seen the gold wisps starting to appear. "V-vision.." he said quietly before he did a small shiver. "Why do you f-feel pain..s-scared even?.." Matteo said to himself before he sighed. He then went ahead and started to walk back to his shed.

Right as he walked into his shed and looked over at his suit. He bit the inside of his cheek and went over to it. He then started to make some adjustments to it and some upgrades. Ever since he last went out to go to Scotland he never put his suit back on. But now he's going to fix it up and make it look a bit more better.

As Matteo was taking the sleeves off his jacket he looked at his mask. He raised a brow before he started to remember how peters Spider-Man suit was. He did a little smirk before he then started to fix up the hoodie and mask part of his suit. Matteo sewed and made his mask look like a black version of peters suit minus the spider web stitches. Matteo then started to make the mask to where you can only see the eyes. He then started to sew the black pants to his sleeveless jacket to make it more of like one piece.

As he finished up and smiled and put on his suit. "I feel dope." Matteo said to himself before he did a happy little sigh. As he finally got done he went ahead and put his beaten down sneakers on. "Let's do this.." he said as he soon put his mask on and dashed out of his shed.

45 minutes later

Matteo was lingering around in the shadows just chilling. He saved a woman from a thief and he felt better about himself. He felt as if he was the Spider-Man in the small town of Sokovia. "Pete. You would be proud. I'm your spiderling..like you said." Matteo talked quietly to himself as he bit the inside of his cheek. Even though there was still daylight he got up and started to head back to his shed. He didn't know what to do, he felt so far and felt as if he would hurt someone again. And he didn't know what to do if someone came up to him and talked to him, he's become very antisocial from the past year. And that's due to his trauma and his isolation. All he ever wanted to feel was loved still and to be happy again.

As he was walking he heard laughter. Matteo looked back to the city, he then slowly walked over and looked at a brother and sister laughing  and running around. Matteo felt the pit in his stomach grow, he just watched how the siblings laughed and played together. It reminded him of Him and Wanda when they where younger. He smiled sadly before he felt a tear roll down his face. The Maximoff soon sniffled and went back into the shadows, he then looked down at his bruised hands before he clenched them. He knew what he had to do, he then put his mask back on and used his speed to run back to Scotland.