38. Death

2 months later

Matteo was walking back home alone, Peter was out and about saving the neighborhood being Spider-Man. After the whole homecoming dance he went to Matteo noticed peter going out more in his suit that Tony gave him to save the neighborhood from meanies. Matteo didn't seem to mind it, he liked watching and hearing about peter from the ground. Plus he knew his Bubba would be swinging around to watch him get home safely, then again he knows how to protect himself.

Even though Matteo never got his powers regained he still can fight people off, In his short 9 year old body. As Matteo was walking back to the apartment he felt a a deep pit in his stomach. He didn't know why he felt it but he did, right as he felt it he stopped and looked around. He was on a street and it seemed to quiet for his liking. So this is his first red flag, he then started to quickly walk out of the street to get back to May.

As Matteo seen the train station he took a deep breath and looked around. He then knew that he was safe, so he started to walk over to the train. But right as Matteo was walking he felt the strange tingling sense go over him. Right as he felt that his eyes widened a bit, he stood still for a moment before he closed his eyes. "sir I have eyes on the target." Was all Matteo heard from afar. Right as he opened his eyes Matteo dropped his backpack and did a backflip right when he heard guns shooting, along with people screaming and running. The Maximoff looked around and seen a man on a building and a man on the ground looking at him from afar. Matteo's eyes widened, he soon started run away.

"No! No! No!.. not them!.. no!.." Matteo said sadly as he ran down the busy streets of queens. He heard people running behind him but it was a bit far. "Please..speed! I need you! N-now! More that e-ever!.." Matteo said sadly. The boy was running nonstop and he soon found a good hiding place under a bridge where a small space was for him to hide for a while. As he got settled in he started to get his breathing under control, but he was quiet so that the men that where chasing him couldn't hear him when they pass by him.

And Matteo was right about the men, the soon came blasting by less than 5 minutes later. "Sir. We lost him. He's fast and he still wasn't using his powers." One man said. "Well you better find him. I need him for my experiments and for leverage. And if not kill him! Do you understand me?!" A voice said over the phone. "Understand sir. We will do our best!" A different man stated. "Good. Now go on." The voice over the phone stated before it went quiet. "God when we find that little brat I'm killing him." A familiar voice stated. "Agreed. He should have been dead ages ago. But let's just find the brat." A different man stated. And soon after the group of 5 men left running off.

Matteo's eyes had tears of fear rolling down his cheeks. He didn't know what to expect. He didn't know who that was on the phone, but he did know that one of the voices was his old guard from Sokovia that used to beat the ever loving crap outta him. 'I don't wanna die. I want Bubba..I want May..I want my Mama..' Matteo though as he quietly sobbed. He never dared to come out of the spot, he knew that Peter would be out to find him along with May since the sun is going down soon. So Matteo just stayed in his hiding spot and just trembled, he soon had fallen asleep from the lack of energy and tears that where going on during the eventful time.

Time skip
5:35pm

Matteo woke up to the sound of sirens. He soon looked around and seen it was darker but there was still sunlight. Matteo yawned before he got out of his hiding spot and looked around before he stretched. "Wait..May and Pete are going to kill me!.." Matteo blurted out as he seen the sky. He then remembered his backflip he did. "W-wait.." Matteo said to himself before he looked down at the ground then got into a position to do a backflip again. "Here goes nothing.." Matteo stated. He then took a deep breath and jumped up and did a backflip, right as he did that he landed it without any worries. Matteo smiled brightly before he jumped in the air. "YEAH! I DID IT! BUBBY! DID YOU SEE ME?!.." Matteo yelled out hit soon stoped when he remembered he was alone and that Pietro was no where. Matteo frowned a bit before he smiled a bit "Bubby i did it just for you.. thank you for being the first one to see me do it. And wanted to do it with me..I miss you.." Matteo said sadly before he soon grabbed his backpack and started to walk his long way back to the apartment.