59. The Wake Up

1 Year Later...
December 31st 2022
8:15 am

Matteo was peacefully asleep in his warm bed where nothing disturbed him. The Maximoff was all cozy sleeping but didn't seem to dream. After that weird scary nightmare he had a year ago, he's seemed to not dream anymore. Sure he dreams, but he dreams only as if Wanda was his actual mother but that's really it. He thought was strange but then again it's just dreams and they aren't real. As he was sleeping his dreamless sleep where nothing seemed to bother him, it was soon interrupted by 2 twin 10 year old boys.

"MATTEOOO!!!!!" He was awoken by yelling and his door being blasted open. The boy quickly woke up. "AUGH!" He yelled out before he soon was getting tackled in his bad by Billy and Tommy. "GE-GET OFF ME!!" Matteo yelled out before he pushed them off of him. The twins sat at the edge of his bed with grins on their faces while Matteo looked pale to the skin by them scaring him. "W-WHAT THE HECK!" Matteo yelled out as he felt his heart racing while he put his hand over his chest.

The twins laughed at him which only made Matteo get mad. "GUYS! WHATS GOTTEN INTO Y-YOU BOTH?!" He yelled out before he wiped his angry tears away. The twins looked at each other before they felt bad for scaring Matteo and now getting him angry to the point where he's about to cry. "Sorry.." Billy apologize before he went over to hug Matteo. Matteo calmed himself and hugged him back. "It's okay.. but why?" He asked before he soon felt Tommy jump onto him. "Happy birthday stupid turd!" Tommy blurted out before he flicked Matteo's nose making the now 14 year old scrunch his nose. Billy just shook his head at his twin before he smiled at Matteo "happy birthday!" He said happily.

Matteo looked at them both before he gave them a smile. "Thank you guys." He thanked before he soon glared at the both of them. "But there is no reason to scare me awake! I could have died from a heart attack or something!!" Matteo blurted out before he soon returned the nose flicking to Tommy and a supper light smack in the back of the head to Billy. The twins both did a little grunt before they soon got off the bed. "I'm sorry! It was Tommy's idea!" Billy blurted out as he held the back of his head. Tommy rolled his eyes before he crossed his arms "well mom told us to wake you up!" Tommy said in defense. "I told you guys to wake him up. Not scare him half to death." They all jumped to Wanda's voice coming from the doorway.

"Sorry mom.." Tommy and Billy both said in unison before they decided to get up and out of Matteo's room. Matteo watched them both scatter out of the room before he watched Wanda come into the room. "Happy birthday baby." Wanda said with a smile on her face before she kissed his forehead. "Thank you mama.." Matteo said with a smile before he got up and hugged her. Wanda smiled before she hugged Matteo back.

The brunette soon started to kiss Matteo's cheeks all over leaving Matteo laughing. "Stop itt!! That tickles!" He said before he soon felt Wanda cup his cheeks and made him look at her. "Why can't I not kiss my guppy's cheeks anymore? Are you too old for them??" Wanda raised a brow at the boy. "I'm not too old! I'm 14! I'm not 100! Geez!" Matteo said before he scrunched his nose. Wanda laughed at him before she kissed his forehead. "Well you will never get to old for a mothers kisses. Now go on and get dressed." Wanda said before she went ahead to leave Matteo's room. "Okay mama!" Matteo yelled out in response before he went over to shut his door and go ahead to get ready for his special day.

Right as Matteo got ready by putting on a white long sleeve shirt, along with sweats. The 14 year old felt himself starting to get light headed out of nowhere and get a slight bit of head pain. "Ugh... what the heck.." he said to himself before it suddenly stopped. The teen furrowed his eyebrows before he shook of that weird feeling and just looked at himself in the mirror. Right as he looked at himself in the mirror the Maximoff just smiled at himself before he pointed little finger guns at himself. "Looking grown up!" He said to himself before he giggled. He then turned off to go ahead and start to go to the rest of his mother and brothers.