14. Traumatizing Dreams

2 hours later

During the past 2 hours Matteo fell asleep, he was surprised when the Avengers didn't notice him in the dark corner of the quinjet. But that soon later changed when Thor harshly bumped into the corner of the crate making Matteo yelp in pain. "OW!" He said before he held onto his head. Before he knew it he was picked up from the back of the hood of his black and gold jacket.

"It appears we have a small misguardian stowaway." Thor stated as he then brought Matteo out to show the others of his appearance. Matteo huffed before he looked at a the shocked crew along with a very angry looking Nat. "I told you to stay with Maria!" Nat blurted out as she grabbed Matteo from Thors grasp and brought him to go sit down in one of the seats.

Matteo crossed his arms and looked down at the ground. "Look at me when I'm talking to you!" Nat said in a stern way. Matteo slowly looked up at Nat as his green eyes started to slowly turn into a golden state. Nat looked at him before she rolled her eyes a bit "look. I'm mad at you. But I wanted to keep you safe. Not bring you into this mess." She reasoned with him to to get the point across. Matteo's eyes went back to normal before he sighed and teared up, he then looked down at his hands. "I just want to see Pietro and Wanda.." Matteo said in a sad tone before he started to pick at the scabs on his palms from last nights ultron problem.

Nat sighed a bit before she sat down next to him. "It will be ok. It's just I didn't want you to come. It's dangerous. And your brother and sister would have came back with us if we talked to them about how you are safe and miss them." She said as she stopped Matteo from picking at the scabs on his palms. Matteo looked at her before he felt her hand wipe away his tears that where rolling down his cheeks. "Don't worry. You will see them soon. Just not when we go out. You will stay on this quinjet when we leave. You will be staying with Bruce over there." She stated. "But!" He said before she cut him off. "No buts! You stay in here and that's final." She said as she then got up to go and help out.

Everyone was watching how Nat has really quickly stepped in as a mother towards Matteo. Clint was smiling at how she was bossing around the small little stubborn Maximoff. While Tony and Steve where just off doing their own thing, they did notice Nat and Matteo but they mostly where trying to plan out what was yet to come. While Thor was just being Thor. Bruce watched them but he knew he had to go and watch Matteo while they all fought, since he didn't want to do a code green.

As the quinjet landed Matteo stayed out as he watched everyone run off towards the boats. He knew if he Where to leave along with them he would have to deal with a really pissed off Nat. And he didn't want to deal with that, so he sat down in the seat while he watched as Bruce was communicating with the others from the place with a lot of buttons.

Small time skip

As Matteo was sitting in his seat was was kicking his dangling feet from the seat he was on. He then soon heard Bruce start to panic before the communication thingy disconnected. Matteo looked at him with a confused look before he soon heard Bruce "Stay there." He said in a stern voice as he walked out towards the exit of the quinjet and look off at the distance to see the fight going on from the distance. Matteo stayed put but he looked towards the exit and seen how the many ships where now going off with gunshots. The young boy tilted his head a bit before he shrugged and went along and kicked his feet again.

Before he knew anything Bruce came over and sat down with Matteo. The young boy looked up at the man with a confused look. "Ok if anything happens just know please don't get scared of me. The other guy might come out and I'm just going to warn you before hand if he does. Just what ever you do I don't want you to get hurt. I want you to hide in the crates like earlier. Ok?" Bruce said as he then ruffled Matteo's head. The young boy nodded before he looked over and saw explosions happen.