44. Home

In the jet

Matteo got out of Wanda's grasp and quickly made his way over to the corner of the jet away from everyone. "I thought we had a deal. Stay close, check in, don't take any chances." Nat stated as she walked over to Wanda and Vision. Matteo just looked at everyone before he hold his knees close to himself. "I'm sorry. We just wanted time." Wanda said as she was over with Vision. "Where to Cap?" Sam asked. "Home." Steve stated as he soon looked over at Matteo who was off alone.

Matteo just trembled a bit before he soon heard people chatting quietly. He didn't want to bother with hearing anyone. All he ever did was just stay to himself and just keep himself calm and contained. He then heard someone walk up to him, he went stiff before he closed his eyes tightly and flinched. "Hey. Hey hey.. it's ok. I won't hurt you. It's me.. mama.." Wanda said sadly as she soon crouched in front of Matteo and looked at him. Matteo looked at Wanda with sad eyes "g-go..I'll hurt you.." Matteo said sadly and he scooted up as far as he could into the wall of the jet. "No you won't..you could never hurt me Bubba.." Wanda said as she soon looked at Matteo with soft eyes. Matteo looked at her and started to calm down, he then held his hand out a bit.

Wanda smiled a bit before she soon stuck her hand out. The both of them touched hands, Matteo looked at how much bigger Wanda's hand was and how small his was. He then cracked a small smile before he teared up "(thank god..)" he said quietly before he soon looked at Wanda with sad eyes. "(I'm here. For real.)" Wanda said sadly. Matteo soon crawled over and clinged himself onto his sister. Wanda just held him closely, she soon sat herself against the Jets wall and held matteo close to her. She soon looked over and saw Vision and Nat with a smile on their face. Vision soon got up and made his way over to them, he then sat down next to them. The Android soon put his hand on Matteo's head and rubbed his head. "(You look just like your brother.)" Vision stated. Matteo looked up and seen the Android, he then gave him a sad smile before he hid his face back into Wanda. Wanda just smiled down at him before she kissed the top of his head and rubbed his back. She then started to hum the lullaby that she used to sing to him when they where younger. Matteo just teared up, he then soon melted into Wanda and closed his eyes. Wanda swayed them back and forth and smiled  "(rest teo..I got you..)" Wanda cooed out as she continued humming. Matteo soon started to feel himself drift asleep, and this time he knew he was going to get good rest.

Right as Wanda knew Matteo fell asleep she sighed and looked over at Vision who just looked at her with the same sad look. Matteo clinched onto Wanda tightly and looked as if he slept safe and soundly for the first time in a while. Wanda soon laid her head against Vision and started admire Matteo. She seen how he has new scars on his face and along his hands and arms. She teared up a bit before she soon ran her fingers through Matteo's hair. "What have they done to you.." Wanda said sadly. Vision kissed the top of Wanda's head and just comforted her.

Wanda knew it was going to be a bad idea but she swallowed the lump in her throat. She then raised her hand up to Matteo's temple and sighed. She then went ahead and started to go through Matteo's head.

In Matteo's head

Matteo was sitting in a glass cafe trembling half to death. He then heard big banging noises from outside the room. "M-mm!..M-mama!.." matteo blurted out but he soon covered his mouth. Soon enough Malik came in with a smirk before he pressed a button on his remote which made the whole glass cage start to shock matteo. "AUHHHHH! AHHHHHHHH!!" Matteo yelled and screamed out in pain. He soon started to get electric burns up his back, and along his neck. Malik laughed in amusement before he soon stopped the prosecutor. "Junior. What did I tell you! Your 'mama' is gone! She will never come fore you! Your just a broken little monster! So shut up!" Malik yelled out before he soon left the room. Matteo trembled and had tears rolling down his face.