13. Ultron

As everyone was in the lab Matteo was with Maria, she was getting the glass pulled out from his feet and palms. As she did that Matteo would watch her and tone everything and everyone out. He didn't like how everyone fought, then again he didn't really know anyone or liked anyone besides Nat and Bruce a little bit.

Matteo squinted his eyes a bit as she pulled the last piece of glass out of Matteo's foot. "There all done. Now let's clean your wounds up and get them bandaged." She said in a sweet tone as she then grabbed the rubbing alcohol and started to clean his cuts. Matteo hissed in pain before he teared up "h-hurts!.." he said as he teared up. "Ok ok I'm done see. Quick and easy." She said as she now started to wrap up his cuts with bandages. Matteo sniffled before he felt himself get pulled into her lap. He was a bit confused before he melting in Marias touch. He didn't question a thing about it, he just liked the comfort it reminded him of Wanda.

Right when he started to get comfortable he finally started to daze asleep before he overheard the name Ultron. He was a bit confused before he pushed down the tiredness and looked up at everyone. He was confused about the name but he was pretty sure that Ultron was the robots. He didn't know why Ultron wanted to take him. Was was a bit terrified about that, why did he want him. And how did he know about him and his siblings. He was deep in thought, before he knew it Maria started to rub his back.

Matteo snapped out of his trance and looked up at her. He seen her smiling down at him before she looked back up at the rest of the adults. Matteo did a little yawn before he laid his head against her chest and looked down at the bandages on his hands.

"Ok. Let's get going to bed little guy. You need your sleep." Nat said as she took Matteo out of Maria's grasp. Matteo did a little whine before he then got used to Nat's warmth. He put his head on her shoulder and looked back at Maria and Dr. Cho who where the only ones staying back along with Bruce and Clint. They all watched as Nat walked out of the room with Matteo. Matteo waved goodbye to them all before he didn't see them.

Everyone in the room smiled at Matteo, they didn't know how much this brought out a soft side in Nat. They've been watching how Matteo has been bringing Nat into a more calm and happier state in mind. But they knew that they would all have to deal with Matteo's siblings along with ultron coming up. So they all just decided to go ahead and start to get to work.

As Nat entered her room she set Matteo down on her bed. She pulled out a par of pajamas and a small graphic T-shirt for Matteo for him to sleep in for the night. As she grabbed her clothes she walked into her bathroom and hurried up and got ready for bed. As she came out of the bathroom she seen Matteo who was fighting sleep. She smiled a bit before she walked over to him and tapped him lightly. "Hey Bug. Can you lift your arms up for me?" She asked as she grabbed the small t-shirt. Matteo opened his eyes and nodded a bit before he lifted his arms up.

As he did so Nat slowly pulled off the shirt he wore and went ahead and threw it over on a chair. She looked at the small frail boy and seen how much scars and bruises littered his body. She furrowed her eyebrows before she slowly put on the shirt for Matteo. "Ok all better. Now let's get some sleep bug." She said as she crawled into her bed. Matteo looked at her a bit before he crawled in next to her, he was a bit hesitant. But as soon as he laid down in bed Nat pulled the blanket over them and turned her light off. Matteo yawned before he knew it he was slowly inching closer to Nat. As soon as he was about 6 inches away from her he slowly started to fall asleep. Nat noticed how he would inch close to her, she took it upon herself and decided to turn on her side and face him. She then pulled him close to her, she knew from their talks earlier that he couldn't sleep without his sister. So she decided to take it upon herself to fill in that spot and help him get the sleep he needs. Matteo was shocked but he didn't do nothing he was to tired to do anything so he just snuggled close to Nat and fall asleep.