22. Nat to the Rescue

3 weeks later

For the past 3 weeks Matteo stayed in his room. He made himself very isolated from everyone. Now you may be thinking how has he been getting healed or getting better, along with eating. The thing is, is that Tony goes in to check on him for about 5 minutes then leaves. Now eating Nat leaves food outside his door and leaves.

Matteo locks his door so that he is alone, he faced the fact that his sister doesn't want to see him. He knows that she's mad at him and he doesn't know why. And the guilt of not knowing is eating him alive, it's been giving him nightmares and him not being able to eat properly.

Apparently that was brought up to Matteo by Vision was when he was in his coma state they had a small funeral for Pietro. That's when the young boy locked himself up in his room and not wanting to have anyone see him again. He's glad he's getting physical better but mentally he is way off from it. So he just keeps everything bottled up like he used to have it when he was alone in hydra.

Now

Tony just left Matteo's room with the sling that Matteo had on. As Matteo watched Tony leave the room Matteo used his magic to lock the door. He then sat down on the ground next to the bed. Right after he sat down he looked down at his arm. Matteo furrowed his eyebrows a bit before he took his shirt off and looked down at his body. The young boy took a shaky breath before he looked at all the faded scars and the scabbed scars. As he looked at them he ran his fingers through them and he bit the bottom of his lip.

As Matteo did that he squinted his eyes and then stopped. Right when he was done he sighed and looked down at the ground, he then looked down at the photo that was next to him. Matteo teared up a little before he seen the small young Pietro on the photo. 'Here take this, to keep us with you all the time.' Pietros voice rang through Matteo's head as he looked at the small photo. Matteo turned away from the photo and held in his tears, right as he did that he heard a knock at the door which made him jump.

"Matteo?" Wandas voice spoke out. Matteo stayed quiet as he got up onto his bed and just listened. "Matteo? Can you please come out? You need to come out and eat with all of us." Wanda said. Matteo knew deep down that Nat and the others wanted to see him and get him to start eating more. All he did was stay quiet again and felt tears prick up again, this was the first time Wanda spoke to him after 3 weeks of him being awake. "Please just open the door. I miss him too. He was my twin. You need to come out and eat and see everyone." Wanda said but this time it sounded a bit angry. Matteo got off the bed and walked over to the corner of the room and sat down.

"Matteo! Come on! This is selfish! You need to come out and not stay in this room forever!" Wanda blurted out in annoyance. Matteo felt the warm tears roll down his cheeks "NO! LEAVE ME ALONE!" He yelled out before he knew it Wanda banged her hand on the door which made him jump a bit. "MATTEO OLEG MAXIMOFF! GET OUT HERE RIGHT NOW!" Wanda yelled. Matteo trembled a bit before he sniffled and wiped away his tears "n-no!." He said with a sob. "YOU KNOW WHAT ITS YOUR FAULT PIETRO DIED! IF YOU HAVENT DECIDED TO RUN OUT TO HELP HE WOULD STILL BE HERE!" Wanda yelled out. Matteo felt his heart racing before he heard something that he thought he would never hear beside his nightmare. "You don't deserve to be a Maximoff. Nor my Brother." Wanda said before she scoffed and walked away.

As Matteo heard her walk away from the door he felt as if he couldn't move. He just stared at the floor with tears just rolling down his cheeks with Wanda's voice saying that over and over again. As Matteo kept hearing her voice he felt himself start to go into panic, he couldn't stop this panic attack this time. As he was having his really high panic attack his powers where starting to act up along with it. Matteo could feel the world around him go dizzy and dark, the young boy stood up and started to breath frantically. His white wisps where now shooting out of his hands, as this was happening he let out a scream of pain and a blast of power went around him and made the glass windows break in his room. As that happened Matteo collapsed to the ground and passed out. As that happened he heard yelling come from outside his door and the door getting pounded then soon broken into.