36. Baby Parker

2 hours later
2:34 am

Matteo woke up in a cold sweat, he had another nightmare. Just like he knew he would. He sat up in the bed before he looked out the window that was next to him. He seen the dark city before he looked up at the little bits of stars that he could see. He looked down at his hands and seen the faded scars, he didn't know why but he couldn't even remember why he woke up so scared. He knew it was a nightmare but he didn't remember it, he probably thought it was for the best if he didn't remember.

The young boy soon crawled out of bed quietly and slowly so he wouldn't wake up Peter who was on the bottom bunk asleep. Right when Matteo got out of bed he did a little sigh as he looked at peter who was sleeping peacefully. He didn't want to wake him up, but he was scared. And he didn't know what to do, he felt alone and just wanted any sort of comfort just like Vision would give him if he had a nightmare. Matteo took a small breath in before he went over and shook Peter awake. "P-Pete.." Matteo said sadly. Peter groaned before he turned on his side and fell more asleep. Matteo huffed before he felt tears prick up, he then shook Peter again. "Pete.." Matteo called him out again and this time he woke up. Peter turned on his side to see a sad Matteo, he sat up and looked at him with tired yet worried eyes. "Hey hey. What's wrong bud?" Peter asked as he rubbed his eyes tiredly. "N-nightmare.." Matteo said sadly.

Peter gave him a sad tired smile "oh. Well come here." Peter said tiredly before he scooted over to give the Maximoff room. Matteo sniffled before he got into bed with Peter, Peter brought Matteo and cuddled him. He soon pulled the blankets up and started to rub Matteo's back. The young Maximoff smiled a bit before he cuddled into Peter, he was afraid but now since he was in peters grasp he felt safe and calm. The little boy felt as if he was with Pietro again, and so from that night Matteo fell asleep without any nightmares and without anything waking him up to scare him or get him afraid.

5 hours later
7 am

Matteo woke up to peter rubbing his back a bit. "Matteo. Bud it's time to wake up. It's time for school." Peter said as he kept rubbing Matteo's back to wake him. Matteo did a little whine but he turned to face peter who just smiled at him. "Good morning Matteo." Peter said as he soon started to help Matteo sit up. The young boy let out a yawn before he rubbed the tiredness out of his eyes. "Come on. Let's get you ready for school. Then we can go stop and get something to munch on while we go to school." Peter said as he left the room. "O-Otay.." Matteo said tiredly, he then got up and out of bed and walked over to his suitcase.

As Matteo was looking through his clothes he found a envelope. He raised his eyebrow before he put it back in the suitcase, he was going to read it later on since he had to get ready for school. The outfit he chose was a simple yellow shirt and some pants, he then put on his jacket then walked out the room. As he went into the living room he seen Peter making something in the kitchen. Matteo tilted his head a bit before he walked over to him. "Pete? W-what you doing?" Matteo asked as he looked up at peter. Peter looked down at him before he continued to make something. "Oh. I'm making you lunch for school, since I don't really know if you'll like the school food yet." Peter said as he soon put the peanut butter and jelly sandwich in a bag along with small simple snacks. "Ohh. Ok." Matteo responded.

The two of them had gotten ready by putting on their shoes and getting their backpacks. As Matteo stood by the door waiting for Peter he played with the straps of the bag. Peter came out of the shared room with his keys and his phone. "Ok matteo. Before he head out May and Tony wanted a photo of you before we head out." Peter said as he turned his phone on. "Ugh... otayyyy" matteo groaned out as he stood there and looked at peter. "Smile!" Peter said as he smiled while he was about to take the photo. Matteo gave a toothy grin as he held onto his backpack straps. "And got it! Now let's go!" Peter said as he put his phone in his pocket and ushered matteo out the door with him following behind him.