29. May the Side Choosing Began

Matteo was sitting on the bathroom floor holding his stomach and laying his head against the bathroom wall. He had bloodshot eyes from crying and throwing up, he also had his palm with dried blood from picking at it during the meeting. Matteo looked sick, he looked as if he had the flu or common cold. Matteo looked broken and down bad. To the young boy he felt as if he was in the bathroom for a good 3 hours. He wanted his sister, his mama.

Matteo let out a quiet sob and sniffle before he heard Wanda's and Nat's worried voices call out for him. "Matteo! (Matteo!)" both the women called out. Matteo looked toward the open door "m-mama.." Matteo called out quietly and sadly. Wanda and Nat both looked over at the bathroom, Wanda was quick and ran straight to the bathroom. She stopped and seen Matteo slumped against the wall all sick. Matteos felt tears start to rush down again "mama.." Matteo said sadly as he looked at Wanda who had a heartbreaking look on her face.

Wanda quickly went over and got on his level and pulled Matteo into her lap. "Shhh..I got you..everything is ok now..(shhh..mamas here baby Gup..)" Wanda said in a soothing way. Matteo just cried and held onto he tightly, he hid his face in her shoulder. Wanda looked over at Nat who was watching them from the doorway. Wanda sighed a little as she looked down at Matteo, she just rubbed his back and rocked them side to side. Nat decided to go ahead and go tell the others that Matteo was ok so then Steve Sam and Vision wouldn't have to worry.

Matteo soon calmed down a bit before he laid his head against Wanda's shoulder and looked at the wall. "You feeling better now baby Teo?" Wanda asked as she looked down at the young boy. Matteo nodded and sniffled, he then rubbed his puffy eyes. The only thing Matteo wanted to do was go lay in his bed and watch Star Wars. As Matteo was staring at the wall he felt his sisters hand go on his cheek and move his face to hers. Matteo looked into Wanda's sad green eyes, that's when Matteo started to see his mothers face again. Matteo tears up and just looked into Wanda's eyes still, he started to remember his mothers face. Wanda looked into Matteo's eyes, she seen his bloodshot green eyes. She then seen how Matteo started to tear up again, she quickly wiped away any tears that escaped. "Your ok. I got you guppy." Wanda said as she then kissed Matteo's forehead.

Matteo laid his head against Wanda again and did a little tremble "m-mama.." he said quietly. Wanda gave him a sad smile before she got up with Matteo in her arms. "It's ok. Mama has you.." she said as she soon walked out of the bathroom to go up to his room to get him freshened up.

In Matteo's room

Matteo was sitting on his bed in a fresh t shirt and fresh sweats. He was holding onto a new Dino toy that Nat gave him. He held it close to him and tried to get that comfort back. He was waiting for Wanda to come back from her room, even though her room is 2 doors down. The young boy just sat in his bed hugging his toy Dino tightly. All he did was have flashbacks from when he seen all the dead body's, as he was remembering all that he seen his brothers dead body which made Matteo close his eyes tightly and shake the thought out of his head. Right as he did that he heard the door creak open, Matteo looked over and seen Wanda looking at him. Matteo soon looked away and looked down at the floor.

Wanda walked over and sat next to him on the bed. "You ok?" Wanda asked as she put her arm around Matteo. The young boy shook his head and looked back at Wanda. "Whats going on? Hm?" Wanda asked. Matteo did a little sigh before he looked down at his bandaged palm. "W-why does the world hate us..we are just helping mama.." Matteo said sadly. Wanda just bit her lip a bit before she responded. "Well..people don't like quite understand us. Because of our powers. Just give them time guppy." Wanda said. Matteo nodded a bit before he kept looking down at his palm sadly. "I don't think that's all.. what's going on in that little head of yours bubba?" Wanda said as she rubbed his arm. Matteo did a little tremble before he looked at Wanda with sad eyes. "W-why was Ross coming after me..all I see is his scary face..a-and his evil grin.. he's l-like those guys b-back at hydra.." Matteo said as he then hugged his Dino tighter.