8. The Survivors

As Matteo and Strucker where walking down the empty dim hallways. Matteo kept having his nerves get to him, he knew he wasn't ready. He wasn't fully trained in hand and hand combat, he didn't know it these survivors where going to jump him. He also knew he was the only child that had survived! The other two according to Strucker and the other scientists, the two other survivors are teenagers. They wouldn't give him an exact age but he knew that they would probably pick on him. He just wished that he was with his brother and sister at this point.

Matteo noticed how hes been in the basement of some sort. He was was apparently isolated from the main big places and areas. But he now knew he wouldn't have a chance to escape in such a big place. As they walked down a long hallway he looked noticed how the guards and scientists would just move along like he wasn't there. He felt relieved that they didn't noticed him that much. He hated all the eyes on him ever since he had to do the show last fight with Snowy, which led him to the black eye he now has.

As they approached a door with a pin code on it he knew that he was going to be locked up with these survivors for who knows how long. "Ok young pupil. You will be fine. These survivors will not cause you any harm. Unless you pick a fight with them. But I'm pretty sure you will be fine." Strucker stated as he patted then caressed matted cheek. Matteo looked into his cold eyes and felt a bit of tears start to prick up. "A-am I going to stay with these pewople?.. will I not go back t-to my own c-Cuellar?.." Matteo asked before he hurried up and wiped his tear away. He wasn't sad, he was honestly just really terrified to whats bound to come. "Yes. You'll stay with them. Since you have a bit more control on your powers as do they. And along with your combat training. You should be fine. You don't need to be down there with the scientists anymore. Your testing is completely done. Now all I just want you to do it to be put among these other survivors. They will keep you company now. Now go on." Strucker stated as he then turned Matteo around and nudge him to go in.

Matteo looked at the door and swallowed the lump in his throat. He then opened the door and creeped in, he had tears burning in his eyes. He felt everything in him start to give out but he was still in control of standing. Once he fully walked into the room the door shut automatically. Matteo jumped and looked right back at the door, he then ran to the door and tried to open it. He felt closed off and scared terribly, he didn't like any of this one bit. But he knew that he should show weakness, he hell he was only 5 years old.

"(D-dont b-be afraid..j-just keep m-moving f-forward..)" he said quietly to himself. He then heard two voices start to murmur in the distance of the room. "(W-who's t-thwere!)" Matteo spoke out as he stood by the door still. He was terrified to walk any further into the room. All of the sudden felt the eyes on him, he heard two gasps. 'Oh no.' Was all he said in his head before he closed his eyes and was ready for any type of punches or something to be thrown at him.

But all that happened was that he felt wind then felt himself get pulled into a big tight hug. This is what made his go historical "(LET ME GO! DONT HURT ME! MAMA! MAMA!..)" he yelled out as he hit whoever picked him up. He then started to cry. "(Matteo! Oh my god!)" a voice said. "(Shhh! Shhh!.. your ok! We got you! Your ok! Buddy!)" the other voice said. Matteo stopped his hitting, he knew those voices. Even though they sounded a bit more mature. He sniffled the hiccuped before he opened his eyes to see the two people he wished to see after getting separated. "(B-Bubby..S-Sissy..)" Matteo said in a somewhat whisper voice.

"(Hey bud!..it's us!.. your s-safe now. We got you..)" Pietro said as he hugged him tightly. "(B-Bubba..)" Matteo said again before he then hugged him back and started to cry again. Pietro smiled and rubbed his back "don't worry..I got you.. me and Wanda will never let you go again!..we're here now.." Pietro said as he walked over to a bed. Wanda had tears streaming down her cheeks as he followed them, she missed her baby brother dearly as much as Pietro did.

As soon Matteo started calm down on his crying he looked up and seen both his siblings. He seen there sad smiles, he then felt Wandas hand wipe his tears away. "I just feel you guppy..I'm always with you." Wanda said in a cooing voice before she went and kissed Matteos head. Matteo did a little hiccup again before he reached his arms out to his sister. Wanda happily took him and hugged him, she put his head against her chest and kissed the top of his head. "My guppy...I missed you so much..my baby guppy.." Wanda said in a sad voice. Matteo grabbed onto her shirt and trembled a bit. "I J-just f-fweel you.." Matteo said quietly.

Wanda looked over at Pietro who smiled at them, Wanda smiled at her twin and looked back down at their baby brother. "Guppy..we missed you so much..we promise that we will never leave you again." Wanda said as she rubbed matteos back. "Yeah. We promise. We will forever protect you. Just like mama and papa would have wanted." Pietro stated as he kissed the top of his head and rubbed his head afterwards. Matteo smiled a bit before he looked up at both of his siblings. He noticed how they both have changed a lot since the last time he saw them. "Teo. I know we changed a lot. You changed a lot as well my baby gup." Wanda said. Matteo looked at this sister shocked "I-I nevwr said any-anyting.. did you r-read my mind?" Matteo asked as he tilted his head a bit.

Pietro chuckled and rolled his eyes "yeah annoying right? She's been doing that ever since we got our powers." Pietro said. Wanda looked at him before she slapped him upside his head "Ow!" "Don't listen to him. And yes I did read your mind. It's my power. Along with a couple other things." Wanda said. "Oh.." Matteo spoke out after he sniffled. "Hey now. We'll show each other all our powers later on. But for now let's just rest.. I can tell by your eye bags.. that you did not get any proper sleep. It's also been a long day for us all.." Wanda said.

"Yeah. Today was quite eventful.." Pietro said as he looked at both his siblings. "S-such a mama and papa.." Matteo said before he rubbed his non-black eye. Wanda and Pietro both looked at each other before they chuckled. "Might as well call me that. Come on let's get some rest gup." Wanda said as she laid down on the bed with Matteo in her arms. Pietro got up and got on the other side of the bed and cuddled up against them. "Rest up Buddy. You need your sleep.. we'll be here with you." Pietro said as he rubbed matteos head. Matteo did a little groan before he yawned, he then did a little sigh. "F-fine.. you guys win.." Matteo said before he snuggled up into Wanda for his safe comfort. Wanda smiled down at him and wrapped both her arms around him, she then hissed the top of his head. "Sleep well baby Gup." Wanda said in a soothing voice. Pietro pulled up the blanket and covered them, he then smiled and cuddled them.

As Matteo slowly started to fall asleep he smiled, he finally got to reunite with his siblings again. "Good night 'mama' and 'papa'" Matteo said tiredly before he actually drifted asleep. Wanda and Pietro both smiled at him before they soon then started to fall asleep. Even though it was early in the morning still, they knew they would just let matteo nap. Then again the twins and Matteo did need the nap. To get refreshed again and get that final sense of comfort they all missed. And the twins knew even if they wake up before Matteo they would just let him sleep, since they both knew he had it hard. Since they seen the way he acted and the why he looked. So they knew he needed his sleep and everything more than them.