25. Grounded

8 hours later

Matteo woke up to the familiar sound of beeping again. As Matteo opened his eyes he let out a small whine before he coughed. As the young boy was starting to finally get up he heard chatting in the room before he knew it he heard the snarky voice of Tony. "Ah! Good to see your finally awake Speedy Jr!" Tony said as he walked over to the monitors then over to him to see if he's doing ok.

Matteo turned over to look at him before he let out a hiss of pain. "Yeah don't move so much Scamp. You got some nasty burns on the side of your neck, and well along your arm as well." Tony said as he grabbed the clipboard and started to take some notes. Matteo laid still and let out a shaky breath "Where's N-Nat?.." Matteo asked quietly. Tony looked up from the clipboard to look at the young boy "Shes out with Steve and Sam at the moment. She told me she'll be back later today. Do you want me to Call Wanda up?" Tony asked. Matteo's eyes widened a bit before he tears up "NO!.. no!..please.." Matteo said as he then sniffled a bit.

Tony looked at him before he put the clipboard down. "Whats going on scamp. All you ever do is talk about Wanda. Why don't you want her to come and see you?" Tony asked. "She hates me.. she doesn't love me anymore.." Matteo said sadly. Tony took a glance over at the door before he looked back at Matteo. "Now why do you say that?" Tony asked. "All she ever does is I-ignore me... every time I try to smile at her she always glares at me and walks away!..and all we do if fight now..a-a-and she made the building bast up in the building..w-when she could have blasted it further away from the building..I never knew how much she hated me..til I seen her red m-magic and then boom!..the building collapsed on me.." Matteo said with a lot of pain and sadness in his voice. All tony did was sigh before he actually put his hand on Matteo's hand. "It will get better..I can assure you that..but for now let's just get out out of this bed and get you walking again. All Matteo did was let out a shaky sigh and sniffle "ok.."

Small time skip

Matteo was now up and walking around he walked down the hallways to get to his room. As Matteo was walking to his room he heard small chatter coming from Wanda's room. Matteo stopped as he tried to listen to who she was talking to. "Vis..but I caused all the pain of the explosion!" Was all Matteo heard. The young boy then got chills and just decided to walk back to his room. He knew that Wanda was talking to Vision, since Vision would always talk to her after a mission.

Right when Matteo entered his room he just starred at the wall filled with drawings. He then felt a wave of sadness and anger slowly start to come over him, all he did was slam his door shut and walked over to his drawings and started to tear them down of the wall. Matteo had tears rolling down his cheeks as he did so, he then stopped at the drawing he drew for Wanda and Pietro. Even though Matteo tore all the drawings he did of simple things of his 'home' and his hero suit he just sat there and stared at the first drawing he drew.

Matteo put his hand over the blue stick figure before he let out a small sob. "(Bubby.. why does Wanda hate me so much..)" Matteo said to himself before he then looked down at his palms. He seen the bandages around his left hand, he then looked over at his desk to see the white and blue friendship bracelet Lila and Cooper gave him. He did a little sigh before he got up and walked over to look out the window, he just watched as the clouds went by and the trees move from side to side as the wind hit them.

Matteo soon looked back at the drawing on the wall before he looked back outside. "Vision did say Pietros grave is nearby... (Bubby..I'm coming..)" Matteo said as he then ran over grabbed the drawing on the wall and speed out of the room and ran out of the compound.

Right when Matteo found the place where Pietro was buried Matteo flopped on the ground and winced in pain. "I'm not doing THAT! Again." Matteo said as he took a breath and completely disobeyed Tony's one rule, 'no dashing when healing'. As Matteo sat up he looked over at the gravestone and just stared at it. This was the first time Matteo was out alone looking at his brothers grave. He felt tears start to weld up before he looked down at the photo. "(Hey Bubby..I uh..Sorry I wasn't able to see you..I kinda god hurt when you got buried..)" Matteo started to talk. "(I um..I made this for you and Wanda with Lila and Cooper for the first time I met them.. this was supposed to be for all of us..b-but uh..it should really be with you...)" Matteo said as he got up and walked over to put the picture over by the grave. He then got a rock and put it on the rock to keep it still.

Matteo then backed away from the grave and sat down in front of it. He then did a small smile and wiped away some of the tears the escaped "(hey!..I also got new powers!.. they are rad!..I got your s-super s-speed..and some sort of 6th sense..I can sense big danger just like that robot that was coming at me from behind..when I did that backflip...)" Matteo said as he did a little chuckle. "(..bit i can't control the sense yet..Im glad I got y-your speed though Bubby..n-now it feels like im closer with you..)" Matteo said before he felt a tear stream down his cheek again. "(Bubby..I just wanna see you again...you dying was m-my fault...Wanda won't talk to me or e-even look at me..and when we do t-talk it just always y-yelling..if I could have stayed put you wouldn't have d-died..it's a-all my fault..The guilt of eating me-me alive!..)" Matteo said in pain before he sobbed.

"(I can't even feel you anymore..I can't even be with you anymore!..B-Bubby...)" Matteo sobbed out before he put his hands to his face covering it. As he let out small painful sobs he soon felt a soft caring hand on his shoulder, Matteo freezed and looked up to see who it was. He seen a upset looking Nat along with Vision by her side. Matteo looked away from her before he looked back at his brothers grave and just read what it said on it.

Pietro Django Maximoff
Loved by his Siblings, and Fellow Avengers
A brother, A father Figure, An Avenger
"He didn't see it coming"

All Matteo did was just let out a small but sad chuckle at the last part of the grave. "(I'll s-stay strong b-bubby..you won't s-see it coming because you will..a-always be with m-me..)" Matteo said softly before he put his hand over his heart and sniffled. Nat just stood there and watched Matteo with a sad look before she then looked over at Vision who was just staring down at Matteo.

"Matteo we have to get going. It's getting late and also. Your grounded after the stunts you keep pulling." Nat said in a mothering tone. Matteo didn't listen all he did was just stare at Pietros grave. "Matteo. Now. Come on." Nat said before he looked over at Vision who just started at her then over at the small boy who was still sitting in front of the grave. "Your not my mom.." Matteo said before he got up and started to walk past Nat back to the compound. "Matteo!" Nat said sternly before she looked at him. Matteo wiped his tears away and just turned around at Nat "what!? It's true! Your not my mom! And Wanda is not my sister apparently either! I'm all alone! The only family I ever had was Pietro and Wanda! But when I killed Pietro Wanda doesn't even want to talk or look at me again!" Matteo said as he then turned away from Nat and Vision and started to walk off. "Matteo Maximoff! Get your butt back here right now!" Nat said sternly.

Before Nat knew it Matteo just sped off back to the compound. Nat let out a loud sigh before she looked over at a disproved Vision. "What Vision?" Nat asked as she now started to walk back to the compound. "It seems to me like Matteo is going through a hard time. Harder than Wanda. He's just now starting to show his emotions. He needs time. I'll talk to him. And after I'll have him go to you." Vision said as he then followed Nat. "Fine. Just don't get yourself deeper into his running away." Nat said as she sighed. "Will do Natasha." Vision stated as they both headed back to the compound.

Time skip

Matteo had locked himself in his room, he was curled up against the corner of the room. Even though vision came into his room to talk to him, all Matteo did was just nod and was giving the exact grounding estimate coming through Nat. He is being grounded for 2 weeks by her. Matteo soon came to reason that he does deserve it, since he ignored orders from the team and even lashed out on Nat. But yet all he ever thought about was the traumatic events that kept on happening to him.

As Matteo was having a big replay of his parents death, hydra and the Lagos bombing. Matteo just trembled, he soon sniffled and uncurled himself. Matteo just sat in the corner now looking down at his palms, he then traced over the lines in his palms before he looked up over at the small picture Pietro gave him. "(Love huh...even if your mad or upset w-with me..but sissy..why do you hate me s-so much..you don't love me..)" Matteo said quietly before he took a shaky breath.

He then slowly stood up and walked over to his bed. Matteo then grabbed Tyro his dinosaur toy and laid down on his bed. "(I love you sissy..and I love you bubby and mama and papa..)" Matteo said as he then sniffled and started to try to get some rest in before Tony and Nat come back to lash at him for using his super speed when he wasn't supposed to.