24. Lagos

(Oooo the good part Civil War Era! 😤😩)

5 months later

Matteo was sitting outside at a small table with Nat. He has a little cap on that matches with his yellow sports shirt and dark blue running shorts. Matteo has grown a lot in by that he got his running under control along with his magic. But the little boy has yet to wonder how to control his senses. Also he has his normal short buzzed hair off since he found it way easier to maintain. And surprisingly the little boy is still short for his age but he doesn't mind. He feels as if he can get atriums much more quicker and hide better.

Matteo sat there at the small table minding his own business drinking his lemonade. As he was drinking his lemonade he sat back and listened in on everyone's conversation over Coms. Matteo tuned Wanda and everyone out as he watched the civilians of Lagos. He didn't really care about their talking, even though Nat and Steve said this will be a great time for the young Maximoff to get training in on the field. All Matteo really wanted to do was go back to the compound and watch Movies. He was really Excited to start watching Star Wars with his new little stuffed dinosaur, which he named 'Tyro'.

As Matteo was zoning out thinking of nothing Nat snapped him back into reality by nudging him. That's what made Matteo jump, Matteo looked at Nat who gave him a stern look for him to focus. Matteo sighed and now started to listen in on the conversation going on. "You guys know I can move things with my mind right?" Wanda said as she took a sip from her tea. Matteo looked over at her before he looked back down at his Lemonade. Even though Matteo and her fought months ago Matteo still loves her, even if she keeps avoiding him and all.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become a second nature." Nat said and she looked at Matteo who looked at Nat, while Nat then looked over at Wanda who looked at the both of them. Matteo did a little smirk before he started to pick at his fingers a bit, he felt Wanda staring at him so he looked up and saw her looking before she quickly turned away. Matteo did a little sad sigh before he grabbed his cup and started to drink his lemonade. "Has anybody ever told you your paranoid?" Sam said over coms. Matteo looked over at Nat with a confused look while Nat just rolled her eyes in a joke fully way. "Not to my face. why did you hear something?" Nat said. The 9 year old just giggled before he looked back down at his hands.

As Matteo was about to pick up his lemonade again he heard Nat "it's a battering ram." Matteo looked at her confused as he seen her give Matteo a comforting smile so that he knows everything will be ok. "Go in now." Steve stated as he sounded like he was on the move. Matteo felt upcoming anxiety "what?" Wanda said over comes as if she was panicking as well. Matteo looked up at Nat as she got up. "Ok Bug now. You go follow your sister and Sam got it? Take out the bad guys and use your combat skills like we practice. No magic hands." She said as she left. Matteo did a little nod before he looked over at Wanda who was just getting up to go run, so all Matteo did was get up leaving his coins he found on the street on the table for a tip and followed behind Wanda.

As he kept behind Wanda he watched a she all of the sudden flew through the air with her magic. "Woah.." Matteo said in shock as he then looked over and seen small explosions. He then did a little smirk before he got himself loose, then he used his speed to run over to where the Lagos lab was.

Right as Matteo made it to the lab he seen Sam on the top of a small overview looking down at the guards. Matteo hid himself behind a pillar and just waited for his cue by the adults since it was his training after all. As the 9 year old was hiding all he heard was yelling then gunshots, Matteo turned around and seen Wanda was now using her magic as a shield. Matteo just watched his sister in awe before he seen her use her magic to pick up a guard. "Sam!" She said as she then used the magic to bring the guy up in the air. Then Matteo seen as Sam swoop down and kick the dude making him go unconscious. Matteo smiled as he then ran out from his hiding and looked up at Sam and Wanda before he looking at the building.