20. The Sacrifice

Right as Pietro put down Wanda and Matteo they all fought against the army of robots that where getting shot at by the police. "HOLD YOUR FIRE!!" The head of police yelled. Matteo and Wanda where both using their powers to blast robots apart but Pietro was running and punching them. As Pietro was running he got shot in the arm by one of the police officers. Right as Matteo and Wanda finished up they both stopped, Matteo was out of breath and he looked over to see Pietro give a look over at the officer that shot him. Matteo did a little giggle before he then ran off to go destroy some more robots.

Right when they got done in the area Wanda grabbed Matteo and they both ran to go find Steve. Right when they found Steve he was with Nat. "Is that my jacket?" Nat asked as she seen Matteo and Wanda walk up. Matteo was out of breath and completely covered in dirt and dried blood. "She's with us." Steve stated as he looked over at Nat. "That still doesn't explain the jacket." Nat shot back." Matteo looked up and seen Nat, he smiled widely at her before he got out of Wanda's grasp and ran to her. "Nat!!" He said excitedly as he hugged her. Nat smiled at him before she hugged him back "hey bug!" She said before she then pulled away and looked back over at Wanda and Steve who gave them a smile. Matteo didn't listen to any of what adults said, he was mainly focused on what's going on around him. So he was standing out by the open area looking as robots exploded his home.

That's when it slowly started to hit him, he then felt a rush of coldness go up his spine. He then quickly looked over at where Wanda and the others where before he made a run for it over to where the orphanage was. "MATTEO!" Wanda called out for him. Steve and Nat watched him run but they where both stopped when a robot crashed by them. They all then went ahead to go help people and protect them and destroy more robots.

As Matteo was running to where the orphanage was he stopped and looked at the now beaten down building. He dropped to his knees and seen the orphanage is shambles "ARLO! GRACIE!" He called out but he knew it was really late. He teared up before he then heard the sound of the robots come up. His eyes turned golden as he then shot up and blasted them. As he blasted the robots he felt his shot arm go numb. Matteo was confused to why his arm was numb, that's when he seen his hoodie now soaked in his blood. He grinned his teeth before he took a deep breath in and decided to head back to go help the others.

While Matteo was running back to where he lost the others by running off, he stopped and seen Steve and Natasha over by the edge talking. He took a deep breath in and ran over to the both of them, right as he approached them he stopped and looked at the view. "Besides where am I going to get a good view like this?" Nat stated. Matteo looked up at her before looking back at the cloudy sky view. He didn't really care about what they both where talking about earlier, but he did like the view from up here. Even though he could be falling for his death at any given moment. As Matteo kept looking at the view he noticed as a big shuttle like plane come to surface with the city. "Fury you son of a bitch." Steve stated. Matteo looked up at Steve and Nat with a confused look before he then felt himself get picked up.

Matteo looked and seen that it was Pietro that picked him up. Matteo smiled and looked at the shield shuttle with a small smile. "So this is Shield?" Pietro asked as he held Matteo close to him while looking at the aircraft. "This is what shield is supposed to be." Steve stated as they all admired the aircraft. "This is not so bad." Pietro said as he then looked over at Matteo who had a shocked yet happy look on his face. Pietro smiled at how his brother admired the aircraft, it reminded him of how he would look at Matteo who had the same look when they watched sitcoms when they where younger. "This is a-awesome!" Matteo blurted out as he then looked at Pietro who then nodded at him. "That it is Buddy." He said as he then gave Matteo a kiss on his cheek before he put him down. Matteo smiled brightly before he then went ahead to go follow behind Pietro.