~ 23 ~

"Hey Liam. What's up??" Derek stopped Liam who was in a hurry to reach class.

"The sky I guess." he said scrunching his eyebrows together.

Derek clenched his jaw and came closer to Liam. "Don't be oversmart, especially not in front of me. I was trying to be nice, making normal conversation. But you know what, you don't deserve my niceness. So I'll just come to the point. Have you seen Amarra???" Derek finished the sentence with a surreal softness when he took Amarra's name.

Liam smirked at him and said, "You know what you may be a senior but I don't like you....even if my friend is head over heels crazy for you. And no, she's not here. Got your answer."

Liam said and started walking away but Derek grabbed his hand and pulled him back to where he was standing initially.

He put his right hand on Liam's shoulder, pressing it a little harder than required and asked, "What do you mean she's not here?? Where is she then???"

Liam, who was hella angry by now, thought it best to suppress the angry young guy inside of him and answer Derek's futile questions. Poor Liam just wanted to avoid unnecessary campus dramas.

"She's in New York. She left early morning." Liam told.

"But why?? Did something happen???" Derek enquired.

"Why on earth are you concerned?? Why do you keep popping up in her life every time when you've told her to stay away from you??" Liam said angrily.

"Can't you just answer what is being asked for once???" Derek said angrily as well.

Both of them were hanging on by a thread, waiting for the other to make the first move. A punch or a push or some other fight move. But none of them did, for the sake of one girl.

One's best friend and the other's God knows what.

"Fine. She texted that she has to attend a friend's engagement party. Are you done now?? I am getting late for class." Liam said annoyed.

"Is that the reason?? Did she mention anything about me??" Derek enquired again, he couldn't believe that she left for some engagement party that too right after the biggest moment of their life.

"Yes that's it." Liam said but then realisation hit him in the head. Hard.
"Wait. Why are you acting like it's unbelievable?? Are you responsible for driving her away?? What did you do???" Liam clenched his jaw and pumped his fist tightly.

"You are totally insane. I haven't seen her in ages." Derek said indifferently.

"Fine. And if I find out that she left because of you, I will come after you. Being a senior is one thing. But I will not tolerate you or anyone else torturing my friend." Liam said in gritted teeth removing Derek's hand from his shoulder in a jerk and left for class.

_________________________

NEW YORK CITY (Same day)~

After Claire sorted out my problems, she forced me to go shopping with her as it was her plan for the day and it got held up because of me.

I got ready at once wearing a dark grey short dress and curled my hair a little with a very little makeup. Claire was already dressed in a peach coloured short dress and her blonde locks were curled around her shoulders.

Well that's how we go out in New York. Sass and glamour dripping off us.

Amarra's dress