~ 18 ~

It's bonfire evening. Everyone in the college is invited. It is going to be a full house, or a full forest. Whatever that's supposed to mean. I, on the other hand, am committed to make new girl friends. It's important to have your bitches around you.

I have an amazing circle in New York, namely, Claire, Candice, Paul, Ian, Joseph. We are all a closed knit group. We are the NJBC (Non Judging Breakfast Club). God I miss them so much. I was so excited to come to college and start a new life and have new people in my life but lately it all seems foolish. I shouldn't have left NYC in the first place. No NewYorker ever liked living anywhere else in the history of the world.

But here I am and I have to live here to fulfil my dream of becoming a doctor. I know myself. I will find it in me to start loving here. And it's not that I didn't like it here in the beginning, it's just a few bad events that happened that has made me like this. I have been living in denial. I wish I could talk to someone, mostly Daniel. But he'll get worried. Maybe I will talk to him when I get home for Christmas and New Years.

In the meantime, I pulled out a pair of jeans, a red body hugging tank top and a black jacket to wear to the bonfire. It was almost 4 p.m. and we are supposed to gather near the forest entry gate by 4:30 p.m.

I got dressed and prepared a small bag of necessary items for the night like torches, an extra top (what if I spill something on the one I am wearing), bottles of sanitizer, tissue papers, handkerchiefs, lip balm, portable phone charger (in case my phone's battery dies), wafours, chocolates, etc.

I was ready to leave after I texted Daniel about my whereabouts.

Hey....it's bonfire night. call u tomorrow. w details. ~ P

The reply came ever so fast as if he was holding his phone.

Take care & njoy lil sis. luv u. ~ D

I left after grabbing the small bag and stuffing me phone in my jeans pocket. I spotted Liam near the forest entry gate. He was chatting with some guys from our class. I approached them.

"Hey guys." I greeted them smiling.

"Hey." they all said back in unison.

"Liam can I talk to you for a sec???" I excused us from them.

"Sooo how have you been??? Call me crazy but I've been noticing your odd behaviour these days. You don't hang out or eat pizza with me anymore. And please don't blame the busy class schedule." Liam said raising his eyebrows at me.

I know this look. He thinks I am avoiding him. But tbh, I am not. I am just not myself.

"Okay Okay. It's nothing like that. I'm just missing home and New York. That's it." I said looking down. Really???? Is that it??? I hope he buys the half truth.

Liam scoffed and said, "You're lying. I can always tell when you're lying." He didn't buy it. Now he will get me to tell him the remaining truth and he will force me to talk about it. Ughh!!! I hate him for this.

"You can tell me you know." he assured me.

"FTF, I didn't lie. It was true and it's half the reason why I'm not myself these days." I told him clenching my jaw.

"What's the other half????" he asked softly. And that's when I melted.

"You know the stuff relating douchey and the stunt we pulled on his car and the fight with Derek. Even though we made up but he's been avoiding me and I don't know what I did wrong. I mean I asked him out for lunch and he said yes and then he texted that he couldn't come due to some family crisis which was a total lie I know. I've been with enough guys to know when one's lying." I blurted out everything in a breath.