~ 28 ~

~~DREAM SEQUENCE~~

"I love you. You know that right??"

"I do. And I love you."

"Always??"

"Always."

And they kissed. They are so much in love. They have always been. In love. You can see it in their eyes, in their body language, in their words, in the lingering stares. It was everywhere. Just like air. That's why the proverb says, "Love is in the air."

Haha!!!

Ian and Amarra were two halves of the same heart, atleast they used to be until the New Years party scandal broke them apart two years ago. They tried their best to rekindle their relationship time and again, but all went in vain. Ian cheated after getting too drunk on New Years eve but he was sorry for his deed. He told everything to Amarra and apologized. She was heartbroken. But. No apology in the world could fix a broken heart. The damage was done. Still they tried. And at the end they decided to break up for good and stay friends. And they still are.

It's been two years. They still love each other but not like they used to. They've moved on. Ian is handling his family's business and dating a lawyer, Nikki Reed.

And Amarra is studying in med school and reeling over a certain broody, moody senior who is constantly pushing her away.

So much for moving on.

_________________________________

~Present day~~In the Girls' dorm~

I woke up with a startle. My head hurt a lot and I wasn't able to open my eyes fully. I tried to open them forcefully and took in the surrounding. It was my dorm. I was in my dorm. I was in the college and not in New York.

Oh boy!!

I was dreaming. About Ian. But why??? I twisted and turned in the bed under the duvet trying to put my head together and make sense of the dream I just had. I haven't dreamt of Ian in like a very long time. And why should I?? We broke up. He cheated on me. 'But you are still playing FRIENDS. Aren't you??' my subconscious mocked to which I rolled my eyes.

I cannot have dreams about Ian, atleast not romantic ones. It is forbidden. 'Maybe you had it because you have been longing for love, for Derek's love. And his rejection made you time travel back to your one true ex lover - Ian.' My subconscious was already smirking at me and I just nodded believing her. She was right. Ian and I were perfect for each other. But we cannot be together after what happened. I am just glad we are still friends.

I got up and sat on the bed peeking outside the window. Soft breeze and golden rays of sunshine made their way through the window kissing my face first and then lingering inside the room. I looked at the yellow dreamcatcher hanging from the curtain rod, swaying, sometimes side by side, or twirling sometimes on the tune of the breeze.

I took a deep breath resting my face on the parapet, soaking in the morning sunrays. It felt surreal. My headache began to subside and I smiled thinking of the time when my Dad used to tell me that Nature is the best doctor anyone could have. It felt good to think about him without getting sad. I guess I am healing, finally. I will always miss them. The void that has been created will always be there. But I don't want to remember them and get sad everytime. I want to remember them and feel lucky that I had such loving parents and be content that wherever they are, they are in peace. And one day, I will see them again.

I glanced at the alarm clock on the nightstand. It read 9:20 a.m. I saw a glass of water and a tray containing a pill with a post-it stuck on it that read, 'Headache saviour'.