~ 9 ~

It was 9:15 p.m. when Derek stepped out of the comfort of his shower wrapping a white fuzzy towel around his gorgeous waist. He stood in front of the full length mirror in his bedroom and stared back at his reflection. His eyebrows were knitted together creating several waves of frown lines on his perfect forehead.

He looked conflicted as if something was bothering him to the core. Beads of water decorated his shoulder, belly and amazing biceps. He grabbed another fuzzy towel from the closet and ran it through his perfect raven coloured hair which now spread all over his frowned forehead.

GOD!!! He really is a piece of work.

He has the physique of a body builder - perfect toned belly topped with six pack abs, a chiselled broad chest supporting broad shoulder and amazingly designed biceps, that must be a reward of endless hours spent in physical training. AHH!! a gym freak.

PERFECT.

The fuzzy towel that was wrapped around his waist hugged his ass perfectly and the moment he removed the towel, there was no doubt that he has an amazing ass as well. Icing on the cake, isn't it????

Undoubtedly, Derek Hale is a living breathing and gorgeous example of an irresistible Greek God.

Derek slipped into his black boxers and quickly ran his fingers through his damp hair adjusting them. The hair still looked messy but sexy in a way. Did I mention he didn't bother wearing a shirt?? Well, we admire him anyway. Don't we??

He then sat on his desk and began rummaging through various notebooks until he got hold of a small silver coloured one, which had an inscription as - 'JOURNAL D.H.' .

OKAY, so Derek maintains a journal. Now that is just strange for me yet profoundly amazing. I mean I have never come across a guy who maintains a journal. But like I told you, my beautiful Derek is different from guys like Alex and all my ex-boyfriends.

I, personally, think that a guy who writes a journal is very intense and mature. A guy who is capable of untangling all his deep emotions and intense feelings, putting them into words that every cell and tissue in his body is feeling; such a person is a keeper. They are the ones who really understand the depths of every situation without being judgemental. They are the ones who love and care with a passion that everyone desires. To put into words, your happy and sad feelings is a brave act in my eyes.

So here he was, sitting at his desk with the silver journal opened in front of him. He was fiddling with his pen and staring at the sky through the window that was in front of the desk. Derek was lost in his contemplation until after a few minutes he started writing.

~~ JOURNAL ENTRY STARTS ~~

DATED - 13/08/2020

Dear Diary !!!

It's been a while since something happened in my life other than the usual and I haven't wrote anything since April. Well, something's definitely happening and I need to come to terms with it, else I'll go crazy. You know how reserved I am as a person. I don't have any friends and there is zero social interaction in my life. Not that I am complaining, but ever since Jenna and my mom, I just closed myself to the world. I just do what I am supposed to do. I want to be a doctor and I am in the process of becoming one. That's it. My family constantly worries about me but I am okay being a loner. Atleast I won't hurt anybody like I hurt her. This is no secret between you and I regarding what I am and what I am capable of doing once I lose control. This is the sole reason that I don't get close to people especially the 'she' gender.

But this new girl in my college, she makes my heart beat faster everytime I see her. It's like she is everywhere wherever I go ; be it the lake park, the mall, basketball field or the boys' locker room. UGHH!!! this is so frustrating plus beautiful at the same time, bumping into her, seeing her confused face that relaxes the moment she sees me and ends up in a charming smiling face.

I try not to notice her, not to talk to her and especially not to show any emotion. But I fail every fuckin' time. Today I let that idiot Liam win just to make her happy. I mean what was I supposed to do. I saw her sad and worried face when she was sitting on the bleachers and I couldn't control myself. I just wanted to remove all that sadness and worry from that beautiful face of her. My heart clenched at the sight of her being so worried for that idiot. So I let him win just for her.

I remember the first time I saw her that evening in the lake park. She just came out of nowhere, holding a phone in her perfectly manicured hands and an astonished expression on her face. She looked immensely beautiful in the sunset as the orange light from the sky reflected on her fair skin. She has this light in her eyes that cheers you up whenever you see her.

From her expression that was wide eyes and gaping mouth, I knew she was stunned by me as much as I was stunned by her. Her sparkling big brown eyes, plump pink lips, the perfect cheek bones and how can I forget the smile she gave me once I walked her to her dorm. Yeah that was smart of her, asking me to walk her to the dorm. Infact that was epic. I was gripped only in one meeting. She is unbelievable. And I can say that I feel something for her.

That day in the mall, she was so scared of the fire and the chaos that followed, that she went into shock or something. She was shaking and I was scared to death. It was like someone was crushing my heart. I have never felt anything like this for anyone in five years.

Today outside the locker room, I was staring at her whenever I got the chance. She is young and lively and so beautiful. I am spell bound by her beauty. She makes my heart beat like crazy. She is doing something to me and I am afraid I won't be able to stay away for long. I want to get to know her. I am afraid she will break all the high walls I have built around myself in all these years. And seeing how attracted I am towards her, I think I will let her break all the walls. I know I shouldn't, but I am tired of restraining myself. I was very young and inexperienced when I was with Jenna. Things are different now. I want to feel all those feelings again.

I want MORE and not just random bumping-into-each-other. I want to love and be loved. Is that too much to ask?? Well, my mom would say and I quote, "Derek my sweetheart, you deserve endless love, hugs and happiness in the world. You just have to have patience and the right love will come to you."

Well, she's my mom and she would always say stuff like that. But I know one thing for sure that if I hurt anybody or somebody gets hurt because of me, I won't be able to forgive myself ever. Especially if I hurt her. She is a happy soul and she should remain one. Last thing she needs in her life is my darkness. I know that she is better off without me. But how do I console my little heart that has finally opened up after all these years and is yearning to love and be loved?????

D.H.

~~ JOURNAL ENTRY ENDS ~~

Derek closed the little silver journal and put it back between the various books scattered on his desk. He was staring outside the window intently as if thinking something. His mind was still not at peace. He was still in a conflict whether to stay away or let her in.

Derek never liked conflicts especially when it was happening inside his mind. He just didn't want to destroy the happy soul who finally made Derek Hale yearn for love. He didn't want her to become another Jenna.

With those thoughts in mind, Derek drew the blinds, switched off the lights and hopped on the bed sliding inside the covers. His body relaxed the moment it came into contact with the soft satin sheets and minutes later, he drifted off into a peaceful slumber.

_______________________________

HELLO TO MY READERS.

HERE IS A BRAND NEW CHAPTER OF ALWAYS BETTER TOGETHER. THIS CHAPTER FOCUSES ON DEREK'S THOUGHTS ABOUT AMARRA. HOW SHE HAS AFFECTED HIM IN ALL THESE DAYS. PLUS YOU'LL GET TO KNOW A LITTLE ABOUT DEREK'S PAST.

I HAD TOLD YOU ALL THAT THERE WILL BE CHAPTERS IN BETWEEN FOCUSING ON WHAT IS GOING ON IN DEREK'S MIND. IT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW WHAT THE HERO OF THE STORY IS THINKING. SO THERE WILL BE JOURNAL ENTRIES BY DEREK WHERE HE WRITES ABOUT HIS FEELINGS AND PERSPECTIVE.

THANKYOU ALL

LOTS OF LOVE FROM ME

AND STAY SAFE

~PREETI.....