~ 13 ~

I hugged Derek and he hugged me back. It is nothing but miraculous. Atleast for me. For me, who has had a serious crush on him ever since I first laid my eyes on him.

If anything, he is making me crazy, I am falling harder for him day by day. And after what he did for me last night, I might fall in love with him. 'A woman has a special place in her heart for the man who has saved her life', I read this somewhere and it can't be more true than I have been feeling ever since this morning.

'Do I love him??' 'Am I falling in love with him??'

These questions have been running in my mind ever since this morning. But how can I fall in love with someone so quickly. I haven't even met him properly other than a handful of times where we talked only for short periods of time. Is it possible???????

My head was rested in the crook of his neck, inhaling his ecstatic scent, Armani I guess. But for me, it is Derek's scent. Ever since we hugged each other, or may I say I hugged him and he reciprocated, our breathing has become even. I could feel his strong heartbeat assuring me that he feels something when I am close to him. And don't ask about mine, well!! it was breaking all records.

As it was a 'thankyou' hug, I felt it was getting more intimate from my side and also I have had him captured in my arms a little longer. So, it was time let go. I pulled away not moving backwards, stood in front of him and looked straight into his shiny green eyes.

He was staring at me with a different intensity but soon collected himself and took a step back.

"It's okay. I was just doing what I was supposed to do." he said, his gaze travelling back and forth from my eyes to my lips.

"Whatever. You saved me from becoming a total embarassment. How will I ever repay you??" I said with utter sensitivity lowering my gaze to the floor.

Derek took a step towards me and cupped my face lifting it up to meet his gaze. He looked at me in concern and said, "You don't have to repay me in anyway. As a senior, it is my duty to protect juniors. But if you really want to repay me, you can ask Liam to behave properly around me. He is still acting like an ass."

He said the last part chuckling to make me laugh. I laughed but I was more concerned about the senior-junior thing that he said. Is it just that?? Am I reading too much into things and taking it wrong??

"I can do that." I chuckled and he turned to leave.

"Take care. I guess I'll see you around." he said.

"You too and yeah." I said as he walked out of my room and disappeared in the dorm corridor.

________________________________________

After Derek left, I took a long shower to cleanse my body and mind of last night. Liam was right college parties are stupid. If it wasn't for Derek, I would have ended up in a real mess. That assprick Alex, I am not gonna spare him.

Although Derek assured me that he will take care of him, but I am not in the mood to let this go just yet. How dare he spike my drink?? That too, just to get back at me for showing him his wretched place.

Because of guys like him, women are not safe. Guys like Alex think they own the world and everyone living in it. But I am not to be owned by anybody. I will take my revenge no matter what. He doesn't get to get away easily after committing such a heinous crime.

Thinking all these, I didn't realize I spent around an hour in the shower. I quickly dried myself, put on a pair of oversized tee and shorts and went back to my room.

I was about to lie down when I got a call from Liam.

"Hey. What's up??" I said, my voice lacked its usual charm.