~ 2 ~

'Oh my gosh!! Just kill me already'

The thought popped up instantly, my heart started beating in my mouth and my legs froze deeming me from moving.

He was looking straight at me with those beautiful eyes popping out between the bushy eyebrows and big eyelashes. Huh!! Why do guys have bushy eyebrows and big eyelashes?? Like what's the use?? Seriouslyy.

Anyway, my big brown eyes were wide enough to let him know that he has stunned me. He immediately got up and turned around to grab a towel from the gym bag that was kept near a tree trunk. His back was facing me now, muscular and sexy back to be precise. There was a three-headed spiral tattoo on his back which made it more sexy. Not to mention that butt. 'Oh my gosh... I think I am gonna faint'.

I quickly shrugged away my dirty thoughts as he turned around to face me. He had a water bottle in his hands and a confused plus serious look on his beautiful face.

"What are you doing here?? And who are you??" he asked me, keeping a straight face.

Hmmmm. No Hi, no hello. Directly jumping to the point. Guy doesn't know how to make conversation. It's not like I was trying to kill him or something. Plus I cannot take my eyes off of his 8 pack abs and the broad shoulders. He is a fitness freak. I can say that as he has all those bumps and packs in all the right places.

I was knee deep in my thoughts when he spoke again, this time loud enough to break my trance and gain my attention.

"Helloooo???? I am talking to you. If you could stop staring, you'll be able to hear me." he said, anger inherent in his voice. Oh did I mention his sexy voice.

"Umm... I... Ummm I was..." I stammered and he raised his left bushy eyebrow at me .
"I am not staring okay." I lied hoping he would believe that. But it was too evident to go unnoticed. He knew that I was staring.
"I was just taking a walk and clicking pictures of the lake and the orange sky" I said motioning my finger towards the sky. My eyes stilled on him.

He looked up and smirked.

"Orange huh??"

I quickly looked up at the sky and realised it was almost dark now.

"Not orange anymore" I smiled weakly.

"Hmm. First year??" he asked.

"Yes. And you??" I replied.

He cut me off not answering my question and spoke.

"Good for you. Why don't you just go back to your room. It is not safe out here after dark." he said, commanding me.

He told me to leave and turned around. He leaned down a bit and fished out his cellphone from the gym bag. Good Lord. I don't take commands very well. Too bad for him. So instead of leaving from there, I said something I don't know I will regret or be thankful for in the future.

"Won't you walk me to my dorm??" I said abruptly, my heart racing too high.

He stopped fiddling with his cell phone and paused for a second. Then he turned his head and raised his bushy eyebrows at me.

"You said it's not safe wandering here at night, right??" He turned towards me completely and came closer giving me a glimpse of his green eyes. 'Wow' I thought for a nano second.

"What if you're here pretending to use your cellphone and something happens to me out there while I am walking alone??" I said making my signature puppy face where I press my lips in a straight line and stretch my forehead which results in my eyes popping out like beads.

"Why do you think I am pretending to use my phone?" he asked surprised.

"Well you answered it yourself. If you weren't pretending,you wouldn't have asked." I chuckled.

He was surprised to hear my response. In return he just nodded his head and smiled, very very lightly. It would have gone unnoticed but I am very good at focusing on people and things. I am a grear observer.

"And why do I need to protect you?? You walked out here on your own, you should go back on your own." he said smirking.

"Because that's what a guy does to ensure the safety of a beautiful girl. Isn't it??" I replied to him, confidence dripping from my face.

"I never said you're beautiful" he said smiling.

He was amused by me. I could tell from his face. The way he was enjoying this conversation said everything.

"I don't need you to. But you should" I said.

"I should what?? Call you beautiful or walk you to your dorm??" he asked playfully raising his right bushy eyebrow.

"Well, I was talking about the latter but even if you do both, I won't mind" I said laughing mildly.

He stared at me for like ten seconds. His face had an amusing expression and his lips twitched in a small smile.

"Let me walk you to your dorm today. Everything else can wait." he said softly and smiled at me.

"Fair enough" I said, amusement clear in my voice and in my big black eyes.

He turned around again, fished out a black tshirt from the gym bag and put it on. Meanwhile, I kept on staring at this beautiful piece of perfection in front of me. He then stuffed the sweaty towel inside the gym bag and started walking with me.

___________________________

We were walking in complete silence with one hand distance between us. Neither of us made any attempt for a conversation. When we reached my dorm building, he spoke up.

"There you go. Do I need to walk you up to your room??" he said teasing me.

"That won't be necessary." I chuckled.

"Good night." he said.

"Good night" I said to him. My eyes not ready to leave his beautiful sight. I wanted to talk to him. I wanted MORE.

But.

He turned around and started walking away and towards the pathway that led us here. He wasn't far when I called out to him.

"Hey. Wait. Do you have a name??"

"DEREK" he said without turning back and disappeared in the darkness.

____________________________

Hello my lovely readers.
Here is an UPDATE as I promised. I am working very hard on the story hoping to make it worth reading for all of you. So PLEASE PLEASE read it and show some love.

I have planned out a lot of love, emotion, hate, drama in this story. So many plotlines and twists are to come.

So please VOTE for the story if you like it. Your VOTES ARE MY MOTIVATION. You can comment your views about Amarra, Liam and Derek in the comments section.

Next chapter update will be done next sunday. Till then take care everyone.

Thankyou.
Love y'all !!!!

Stay home.
Stay safe.

~Preeti