~ 36 ~

"Alex !!" Cora shouted as soon as she stepped out of her car in the parking lot of the supermarket.

Alex smirked turning around. His smirk soon turned into a warm smile as he embraced his baby sister in a hug.

"I have missed you so much." He said hugging her.

Cora hugged him with equal intensity mouthing the words, "I've missed you too Allie."

Alex broke the hug making an annoying face, "Why do you have to call me that??"

"Because I love you" Cora teased.

"Shut up. Where's Laura and Peter??"

"At Derek's. But Peter is yet to come. With the flavour of the month." She said chuckling to which Alex rolled his eyes.

"Who is it now??"

"Some woman named Evelyn. She works in the HR at some small-ish firm near Beacon."

"Phew!! Peter and his women. Seriously, that guy puts me to shame. I haven't been with even half of the number of women he's been with." Alex shook his head in amused disbelief.

"Oh come on Allie. You're better than him. You'll have real love in your life." Cora said cheering him up.

"Ohkay. That is creepy... even for you. Besides I am not Derek." He said disappointed.

"Yeah about that. I want you to tell me about that Amarra girl in Derek's life."

"What about her??"

"Everything. Do you know her??"

"Well, kind of. I have been sleeping with her best friend for a while now and I spiked her drink for revenge once." Alex said the last part in regret.

"You WHAT????" Cora was highly shocked to hear this. "No wonder Derek hates your guts."

"Well he found out that I was behind her drunken state and I am thankful he didn't beat me to a pulp." He said laughing.

"OH MY GOD!!! The two of you are only capable of giving massive headaches to the rest of us. Dad is so upset with you two. He didn't accompany us to celebrate Christmas. Just think about it." Cora said sadly.

Alex was happy to hear that their father wasn't here for Christmas but he didn't let his face devour in that happiness. Actually, after Talia's death Alex grew apart from John because even he suspected John's hand in Talia's death, like the rest of the siblings.

Except Cora, ofcourse.

She is a daddy's girl and she didn't like the hatred the others portrayed towards John. Cora has spent most of her childhood at boarding school, even when Talia died she wasn't in Beacon Hills. Neither did she knew about the tension between her parents. Nor did her siblings tell her any. Cora has been protected by her siblings. She was everyone's hope, their safe haven, their bubble of happiness when she was born. And she still is. So no one wants to tell her the real truth and burst the bubble.

"I'm sorry. I'll talk to Dad later and reconcile with Derek. Okay." Alex assured her to which Cora gave him an appreciative smile. Although he knew he wasn't going to talk to that man.

"Okay so tell me about Amarra now."

"Umm... All I can say is that she'll be good for Derek. She has aroused feelings in him after so many years. You know everything that happened with Jenna, Derek was broken. But this girl, she is different and she has this hold over him. You know..." Alex exhaled a breath. "Valerie told me once that Amarra loves Derek...from the very first moment she saw him she has been like intoxicated. You know girl crap." Alex chuckled.