~ 5 ~

The food was so delicious and finger licking that I savoured every bit of it. I have had so many Italian dishes but none so tasty. I also tasted Liam's mushroom rissoto which only made me regret that why I didn't order that for me too.

Well!!! we were almost done eating when a group of four guys entered the restaurant with an aura of pride on their d-bag faces and dressed in black, top to bottom. I have seen a lot of d-bag guys in my life and the only thing common among all of them apart from the f*ckboy attitude is dressing up in black. It's like their thing.
I smirked looking back at my plate and motioned Liam's attention towards them. Liam's face again became nervous as hell. So, I quickly put my hand on his and assured him that everything's going to be fine. He gave me a small smile in return. Now, it was my turn to be the badass and handle the d-bags.

In a matter of a few seconds, the group of d-bags were standing next to our table.

"Hey champ. You never said you were coming here. We would have joined you." one of them said. I rolled my eyes while eating and ignored the conversation completely. 'You sure as hell knew, f*cker' I thought.

Liam just gave them a weak nervous smile and shrugged.

"And who's the pretty girl dining with you?? Is she your girlfriend??" the same voice asked. 'No you bastard, she is his friend. Like you don't know.' My subconcious was really pissed and just wanted to go for a kill.

"Umm no. She's my friend." Liam replied in a shaky voice. Beads of sweat were so prominent on his forehead.

"Sooo?? Won't you introduce us?? After all, she is also in our college and my junior." d-bag said. By then, I had finished my meal and looked up to the guy who was constantly talking.

"Yeah ofcourse. Alex, this is Amarra, my classmate and friend. Amarra, this is Alex. He is one of the co-captains in the team." Liam introduced us as he was asked to do. "And that's Owen, Jack and Landon."

"Hey." I smiled blatantly at them. "Not to be rude or anything, but I have never seen you guys in campus. Are you lot practising all day or what??" I chuckled, confidence dripping from my face, as I saw utter annoyance on his.

"No you're right. We are the best team among the three med schools nearby. Plus we are blessed with the best players, gotta maintain that." Alex said proudly while his minions cheered him on.

"Well, then that's a good thing that I know one best player from your team." I said that glancing at Liam. "You are really blessed to have him." I smiled over at Liam who was drowning in sweat.

"Oh young lady, you must see my game." he bent down and his face came closer to mine. "I play really rough and hard." he said stressing on the word 'rough and hard'. He said it in a whisper so that no one except me could hear. It didn't take me even a nanosecond to understand what he intended to say.

It was my turn now to show him his real place.

I went closer to him and whispered, "Well, as much as I love to play rough and hard, I will have to disappoint you because I already have someone who can put every guy to shame when it comes to playing ROUGH & HARD." I said stressing on the word 'rough and hard'.
As soon as the words escaped my mouth, Alex retreated back and stood straight glaring at me and Liam.
It looked like he was the king and someone dethroned him. I, on the other hand, smiled victoriously at him and got up from my chair.

"Okay Liam, I have some things to do. Here's my share of the bill. Don't wait for me. I'll see you at campus. Bye." I said my goodbyes to him, turned around and made my way out of the restaurant.

__________________________

The moment I turned around to leave I heard hushed whispers behind my back. I smiled victoriously, knowing that the whispers were about Alex's loss. Poor thing. I was a badass in there, showing the d-bag his real place. I am so proud of myself.
The whole point was that Alex had an idea that I was single, so he was hitting on me. But I gracefully refuted those rumours kicking him right in his balls. YAYYY!!!!!!!

When I was atleast a hundred feet away from the restaurant, I stopped near a small bakery to catch my breath and to check if I am being followed. I was really relieved to see that I wasn't being followed.
Then I pulled out my cell phone from my purse, and opened Google Maps to search for a mall nearby. Luckily, I got one that was six hundred metres from my current location. I turned on the directions and started walking on the sidewalk passing through different stores on my right hand side.
There were clothing stores, bakeries smelling of fresh bread and pastries, beauty salon, hardware shops, Polar Bear icecream shop, pizzeria and what not. After walking and admiring the city for around ten minutes, I reached the mall.

________________________

It was a huge building with a large open space in its front where people were sitting, chatting and having beverages, some of them were standing near the front entrance and waiting for their respective cabs, some were clicking pictures and others like me were just entering the building.
This reminded me how Daniel and I spent some of our Sundays in the mall back in New York. We used to shop in our favourite brands, watch a movie with two large buckets of caramel popcorn and sit in the food court for hours; talking, laughing and eating dishes we never had before. Then we would click endless pictures of each other, most of which turned out blurry or embarrasing or both. Oh, I miss all those days.

And in that moment, I missed Daniel so much that I decided to call him first. I also realised I haven't talked to him on phone since the talk we had on my first day in college. Ofcourse we texted each other daily but phone call has a different satisfaction. Isn't it??

"Hey Daniel." I chirped as Daniel answered on the second ring.

"Hello little sister, how are you?? Why didn't you call me sooner?? It has been a week since I heard your voice last. I didn't call because I have no idea about your timings." he bombarded me with endless questions and I chuckled at his attempt to sound like a very big brother.

"I am great Daniel. How are you?? And I couldn't call because I had a very hectic first week. Med school's not easy, trust me. So many classes. So many notes. So much to study." I said pouting.

"Hmmm... It's okay, I understand. And I am great too. Plus I have to tell you something." he grinned.

"What is it??" then realisation hit me like the first ray of morning sunlight and I literally screamed in happiness. "Oh my gosh.... Aairah agreed to move in right??" I asked chirpily, unable to control my grin.

"Yes, she did. And she also told me that she loves me." Daniel said and I imagined the shy smile all over his face right now. Oh he must be so happy. And I am so happy for him, infact for them. After mom and dad passed away, it was only us until Daniel started dating Aairah, some three years back. She is very sweet and understanding when it comes to Daniel. I hope they always stay together.

"Oh Daniel.... this is just great. I am so so happy for you and Aairah. My happiness has no bounds really." I was so much engrossed in my happiness that I didn't realise that I was about to bump my back into someone.

Next thing I know is that, I bumped my back into someone. So I quickly turned to apologize to the person but I gaped at the sight of the pair of familiar green eyes staring back at me, first with anger and second with utter realisation and confusion.
I couldn't believe that the moment I was waiting for to happen for the past week is finally here.

He was standing right in front of me showcasing all his beauty to me and making me turn pink in my cheeks. I quickly recovered before looking like an idiot and told Daniel that I'll call him later. I cut the call without removing my gaze from his beautiful face, scared that he will disappear the moment I take my eyes off of him.

I spoke, after releasing the breath that I was holding unknowingly, looking straight into his green beans.

"Derek..."

__________________________

HELLO EVERYONE,

I AM BACK WITH A NEW UPDATE. I AM SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING LAST WEEK FOR THE REASONS I ALREADY TOLD YOU. I AM FEELING OKAY NOW AND I WON'T POSTPONE ANY UPDATES FROM NOW ON. ALSO, I HOPE ALL OF YOU ARE IN GOOD HEALTH.

DO READ THE CHAPTER AND PLEASE VOTE FOR IT.

THANKYOU

LOVE Y'ALL!!!!

~Preeti