~ 38 ~

The holidays went by in a blur. Like really really blurry. A blur of laughing till you cry, a blur of reuniting with old friends, a blur of spending quality time with family and.....

A blur of writing love letters to your lover.

Well, not a 'lover' technically. But yeah, why not??

Well Amarra wasn't sure that Derek would write back but she was thrilled to see the smallish envelope in Daniel's hand that read "From Derek Hale".

She had squealed in excitement. Jumped up and down like a toddler. Held the letter in her hands and twirled like a ballerina.

Gosh !!!!

Amarra's zeal had no bounds. Poor Daniel had to shake her and calm her down. Then she had spent hours reading and re-reading the letter. All she wanted to do in those hours was hug Derek. And never let him go.

After the first letter arrived, Amarra was more than gleeful to write more letters for her dearest. She was even writing one while waiting for Valerie outside the airport.

"What's that paper??" Valerie had asked.

"Uhh nothing.... Just a letter for... Uhh... Derek." Amarra had said sheepishly.

"Oh my god!!! A love letter haan. What century are you living in?? Can't just a text be useful??" Valerie had laughed.

"Oh come on. Love letters are intimate and...." Amarra was blushing like a strawberry that she ran out of words.

"And romantic." Valerie completed the sentence and chuckled like a teenage school girl.

"Haha.... Just so you know he wrote me a letter too. And I'm waiting for more." Amarra said sheepishly.

"What?? Derek Hale wrote a love letter?? Is the world coming to a catastrophic end?? Should I be worried??" Valerie said in funny astonishment.

"Okayy enough now. And he didn't write a 'love' letter. It was a 'friend' letter." Amarra said.

"A friend letter??" Valerie joked to which Amarra nodded in agreement.

"Okayy. Whatever that means. Shall we go now or you're planning to write fifty more letters to Derek dear??" Valerie chuckled and Amarra laughed.

As Amarra opened her closet sifting through the short party dresses and a handful of casual dresses, she had a warm smile etched on her face. She has made so many wonderful memories with her pals over the course of holidays.

She remembered introducing Valerie to Daniel that morning and how Valerie had mouthed, "He's so hot" and Amarra had elbowed her because Aairah was standing only a few feet away talking on her phone. How they chatted and laughed like two hyenas until the wee hours of the morning. One night Daniel had to come to their bedroom at 3 a.m. and ask them to keep the volume down. They nodded like two 14 year old girls who had discovered their mutual crush on Hugh Grant and his pretty face with the sexy accent. Gosh they were having a blast. 

Daniel was relieved to see his sister so happy. It has been years since he saw Amarra act so carefree and cheerful. She has this radiant glow on her face. He was grateful for Valerie and how she undid the knots in Amarra's heart. He was thankful to Liam for his great friendship, even though Liam wasn't with them they skyped every night telling each other about their day. That's how Daniel came to know about Liam. 

Infact, Daniel was also thankful to Derek for making his sister happy. But he hoped Derek would do more. After Ian, Amarra was a mess and Daniel didn't want her to go through that heartbreak again.