~ 7 ~

It was 7:30 p.m. when my phone started ringing. After Derek dropped me off, I had changed into my night dress which was a pair of black shorts and a baggy pink tshirt. I then sat for studying as we have a very important Anatomy test tomorrow. But I wasn't able to concentrate completely. My mind kept wandering back and forth on everything that happened today. But I was trying my best to go through the notes that I wrote in class and mug up everything for tomorrow's test.

I quickly saw whose call it is and my lips curved into a small smile when I saw Liam's name flashing on the screen. I immediately picked up and spoke.

"Hey.... What's up??" I said, my voice was chirpy as usual.

"Hey... I just wanted to know how you got back. You won't believe Alex left me there all alone and I had to take lift from some stranger to get back. Also, there was a fire in the nearby mall. Ohh.... it was so disturbing." he said in one breath, totally annoyed at the circumstances.

My mind wandered back to the mall and the fire and Derek holding my hand and then dropping me off at the campus. But I quickly shrugged those thoughts away and spoke.

"Alex is such an asshole. I really want to kick him in his balls right now. HUHH!!" I said angrily.

"Yeahh me too. So?? You took a bus??" Liam asked again.

"Umm no. After leaving from the restaurant I went to the same mall and I was there when the fire started. But he saved me and drove me back to the campus." I told Liam.

I realized it was time to tell him that I know his asshole co-captain. Also, now that Derek knows I am friends with Liam, it is only fair that Liam should know it too.

"Oh my God!! Are you okay?? You didn't get hurt right??" Liam asked, concern laced in his voice.

"I am perfectly fine Liam. I didn't get hurt at all." I assured him.

"Okay. By the way, who saved you??" he asked. It's time to drop the bomb.

"Ummm. You know him actually. Your asshole co-captain - Derek." I said.

"WHATTT?? DEREK?? As in DEREK HALE?? What did he say to you?? Did you tell him that I am your friend?? Where did you meet him anyways??" he went breathless for like two minutes.

"Liam, listen to me. Today is not the first day I met Derek. I met him on the first day of class in the lake park." I said and then told him the whole story of that evening, leaving a few details like how much attractive and sexy I think Derek is.

"And you are telling me now??" he said, not pleased at all.

"Yeah....because the first time we met I didn't know anything about him except his first name. And you never told me the name of your asshole co-captain. How was I supposed to know that Derek is the asshole, not that he is. Plus, he told me that he only acts tough because he wants to teach you guys. Nothing else." I explained.

"He is an asshole, no matter what. I just don't like him." Liam said and I could feel all the bitterness in his voice.

"Liam calm down okay. Consider him invisible when you are on the field, if he makes you so angry. But if you ask me, I have a different suggestion for you. Look, if he is a good player, you can learn from him, no matter how much of an asshole he is. We don't like all our teachers, but still we learn a great deal from them. Don't we??" I tried to calm him down.

"Yeah.... you're probably right. He is really good at his game. And thanks for calming me down." he said.

"You're most welcome. Okay, now did you study for tomorrow's test??" I asked.

"Yes. I'm on it. Okay, I'll see you tomorrow. Good night." Liam said.

"Goodnight Liam." I replied back and cut the call.