~ 25 ~

"You kiisseeddd....." Liam and Vallie shouted in unison.

We were sitting in the diner outside the campus for breakfast. When I told them the real reason for leaving for New York, they were shocked as hell. And I think all they heard was that Derek and I kissed each other and nothing before or after that.

"Yes we did.... And keep it down guys. I don't want people knowing and giving me strange looks." I whispered and they nodded in agreement.

"Wowwwww" Vallie whispered and I smiled and at the same time Liam said, "Whyyyyy??" to which I gave a confused look.

"Because I like him." I reasoned.

"You also like Hugh Grant, Noah Centineo , Jamie Dornan, Torrance Coombs, Patrick Dempsey but you don't go and kiss them." Liam said sarcasm laced in his voice and Vallie hit him in his hand.

"Impressive....you know almost all of them. You really are my best friend." I beamed at him and he exhaled a breath.

"That is so not the point. The point is our girl stepped up, took matters in her hands and claimed what's hers. Are you understanding the depth of this situation, cute butt???" Liam glared at Vallie at the sound of the words 'cute butt' and I laughed.

"Do not call me that, EVER. Also it's you who is not understanding the depth of this situation. Cause there's no depth. And she didn't claim anything. Are you forgetting the part when he ran away without saying anything??? That coward ass." Liam said angrily.

Omg!! Liam and his anger are two very different people. Ughh!!!

Vallie and I shared a look and pouted. Our sandwiches were losing their warmth with every passing minute that we spent on the 'discussion'. I took a bite and satiated my hunger. 'Hmm it's tasty' I said to myself.

"Ok maybe he ran away because he didn't know what to say. Right???" Vallie reasoned looking at Liam first and then me.

I nodded. Liam smirked.

"What was that about???" I asked him motioning to his smirk.

"Nothing." Liam smirked again.

"Tell me what do you know???" I insisted.

"Well, look I didn't know about this until a few days ago. Guys were talking about Derek in the changing room...and I overheard them saying that Derek is...." He stopped his whispering midway and flicked his eyes weirdly.

"Derek is????" Vallie and I asked.

"Gay." He blurted out.

And that was it. Vallie and I shared a look and burst out laughing. People sitting near stopped eating and gave us strange looks. Ah I hate looks. But we didn't care. It was so funny that Liam believed those guys. So effing funny.

"What??? Why are you laughing like hyenas???" Liam whispered.

"That was so funny and a total lie." I said still laughing and Vallie nodded.

"But why is it so hard to believe?? Being gay is normal. And Derek's gay. Why aren't you believing??" He was annoyed by now. So we stopped laughing pulling our normal faces in place.

"What makes them and you believe that Derek's gay?? There must be a reason right?? Did you see something?? Did he imply something??" Vallie asked authoritatively, defending Derek for me. God, I love this girl.

"Don't you see?? Guy's a loner. He has no friends and nobody, not even his classmates have ever seen him with a girl. Not even on social media. What does that mean hn???" Liam reasoned confidently as if he was to be rewarded for his latest findings.