~ 33 ~

You guys, I have an announcement to make. From this chapter on, the name of the female protagonist has changed from "Preeti Wilson" to "Amarra Wilson" because I don't feel the connection with the character using my own name.
The character and I are two very different people and it was making it difficult for me to write about her using my name. So I thought it would be easy for me to write about the female protagonist if she had a different name.
Hope you guys like the new name!!!

P.S. - I have edited the earlier chapters replacing the former name with Amarra.

Thankyou.
Enjoy the chapter.

______________________________

I couldn't sleep that night. The night I got back from Derek's place. I couldn't stop thinking about what happened with the girl he loved. That must have been disastrous and dreadful. Seeing someone you love die so brutally. God!!! No one should go through that. Ever.

I felt so sorry for Derek. He must have been crushed by her death. That girl wasn't just his friend but also his girlfriend. He lost two relationships that night. And that wasn't enough, his mom died a few years after that. How could God be so cruel and partial with someone????

No wonder Derek is so closed off.

I understand his loss. I really do. I lost my parents when I was so young. I wasn't myself for years. I know the feeling. I also understand why Derek blames himself for her death. He said he should have been with her but he was busy in practice. I know the feeling when you know in your heart that you are responsible for something. Had I not been hell bent on having chinese for dinner that night, my parents would have been alive. But what's happened has happened. No matter how much we want to and how hard we try, we can't change what has happened.

I was lying on my bed with hands folded beneath my head. I was staring at the ceiling unable to comprehend what my relationship with Derek is supposed to be from now on. Are we friends now?? Or just college acquaintances?? 'But Derek said he wanted to be your friend' my subconscious chimed in reminding me my newfound relationship with Derek freaking Hale.

I smiled, closing my eyes thinking this way atleast he will be in my life. And who knows what the future has planned. Maybe, he will get past his past fears and embrace us. I am a hopeful person. What can I say!!!!

It was 3 in the morning. I got up from the bed and settled in a half sleeping position near the window. I peeked outside the window for some fresh air. It was still pitch dark with tiny glittering stars carpeting the whole sky. I love stars. The sky looks so naked without them. It's like putting on clothes. The stars are the clothes for the sky.

Cool breeze fanned my face as I got comfortable in my position with my head on the parapet of the window and my lower body on the bed. I cradled my head in my hands and closed my eyes in order to sleep.

The next time when I opened my eyes I wasn't in my room. It was a long hallway lit with blinding white lights. I covered my eyes with my hands. It was so bright. I was standing in the white hallway having no clue how I got there in the first place. I removed my hand slowly trying to adjust my eyes to the blinding light.

I saw that the hallway was never ending. I was confused. 'What the hell am I doing here??' 'How did I get here??' Various thoughts were running in my mind when I realised this isn't the first time I've been here. I was here before, not long ago, a few months before I guess when I was in New York. And this isn't a real place. This is a dream.

I started walking in the hallway, all confused and clueless, when I saw it. A pair of glittery blue eyes staring back at me. I remember these eyes from the last time I had this dream. They belonged to a man. Impossible to believe, I know. But they did. And the man was too far to recognize. But not this time. He wasn't that far. I kept walking towards him trying my best to recognize the man in question.